Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds:How many??

Allen Edmonds:How many?

Votes: 10 17.9%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• more than 5 pair

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Teacher said:
I have eight or nine pairs. Now, why can't I vote on this pole?:mad:

Perhaps, Teacher, because a pole is usually a metal or wooden rod. Sooooo much easier to vote in polls.... ;)

But currently, I don't have any AE's, but I'm getting close. I missed out on my dream pair (Hampstead in chili) last night. Probably got sniped...I'm going to have to start playing dirty like that, I guess.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(PICS) AE "Hale" Oxford model.

Bagged these babies in Boston..!

allen193891_73371_lg.jpg

allenedmonds.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Zach R. said:
I have one pair of black wingtips, and I love them...my odd size (9.5 eee in these shoes) prevents me from getting too many deals on the 'bay, but I got a brand new pair for approximately 80 dollars iirc.

Not sooo odd...It is my size too. AE is one of the few shoes companies making wide sizes that are normal shoes and not ones for people with foot or back problems. I just snagged a brown pair on 'bay for $50.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Todays vs Yesterday's Prices of Quality Shoes

Beautiful and sold for USD103. What was USD14.90 worth in today's money? According to Google $14.90 in 1958 had about the same buying power as $110.30 in 2008.

An average pair of shoes in the UK in 1958 was GBP1.75 vs GBP39 in 2008 according to a Google poster.

How old are the above shoes?

The white highlighted stitching is more late 1940s but the condition appears too good for that age. 7 lace holes BTW = Nirvana?

French

Familiar Face

SteveAS

Practically Family
I'm a big fan and have about half a dozen pairs. My favorites are Leeds in shell cordovan; I have a black pair and a burgundy pair. I wear one or the other four days a week. They're 10 years old and on have been re-soled three times, but they still look like brand new shoes every time I polish them up! :eusa_clap

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Move over Imelda! Here I come!

I just ordered pairs 14 and 15 from Sherman Brothers today.

The population includes:

Hampstead: Chili and Black

McClain: White Nubuck, Brown Nubuck, Spectators (Bourbon and Bone)

The Streets: Broad Street (black and white Spectators), Park Avenue (Merlot), Fifth Avenue (Brown)

Weybridge: Black and Chili

Mora, Westgate, and Dryden (black)

Hale and Greenwich (tan)

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
McClain is off the menu

The McClain (correction "McLain")doesn't appear among the styles currently offered by Allen Edmonds, so you may have to wait until they come around again. I see that a photo was posted in July of 2008 (posting #55, on page 3 of this thread), so you might check that.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Had to post - today I won a pair of AE's "Sanfords" in black for $15.99 on Ebay!!!!

http://www.e-shoes.com/sanford.html

The odd thing is that the Sanford looks just like the Strand model. Can't tell the difference.

I also just mailed another AE pair I won on Ebay for the complete recraft package.

May is going to be a big AE month!

Zwitter

New in Town
Inherited over 250 pairs of shoes from my father who passed away two years ago. About 175 pairs of them are Allen Edmonds (vintage '50s-2000s), the remainders are Aldens, CJs, Ferragamos, Ballys , etc. I will post pictures of my favorites AEs soon (Boulevard, Fifth Ave., Polo, Sterling, Park Ave.,McClain, Broadstreet, Austin, York, Fairhaven etc. All are in sizes 7 1/2D- 8 D, lucky for me, I wear an 8d.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Zwitter said:
Inherited over 250 pairs of shoes from my father who passed away two years ago. About 175 pairs of them are Allen Edmonds (vintage '50s-2000s), the remainders are Aldens, CJs, Ferragamos, Ballys , etc. I will post pictures of my favorites AEs soon (Boulevard, Fifth Ave., Polo, Sterling, Park Ave.,McClain, Broadstreet, Austin, York, Fairhaven etc. All are in sizes 7 1/2D- 8 D, lucky for me, I wear an 8d.

OMG - 250 pairs! What a inheritance. Did he work in the clothing industry?

Dan Morris

New in Town
20 pair

Hi,

A total of 20 pairs:
Woodstock - dark browm/mahogany slip on
Rockland - dark browm slip on (man made sole)
Stuart - brown boot (man made sole)
Grayson - merlot tassel slip on
Brandon - light brown/dark brown slip on
Lauderdale - chili captoe
Cody - chili tassel slip on
Grayson - black tassel slip on
Woodstock - black/browm slip on
Dover - brogue suede slip on
Millbridge - light brown/dark brown saddle
Grayson - chili tassel slip on
Park Avenue - walnut grain plain captoe
Stanton - ivory suede slip on
Bagley - dark brown plain cap toe
5th Avenue - burgandy polished cobbler plain captoe
Sanford - bourbon captoe
Kingford - dark brown tallel slip on (man made sole)
Pembrooke - congac tassel slip on
Maxfield - chili tassel slip on
six of these have made the trip back to the factory for recrafting
All great shoes

zeytoun

New in Town
I had a pair of AE Westgates in black that I scored at Nordstrom Rack for $50. I was really surprised at how nice they looked in person, especially once I had them shined up properly.

I got married in them 2 1/2 years ago, and they vanished in the chaos sometime between the vows and flying out for my honeymoon the next day. C'est la vie...

So, I guess I'm down to 0 again. :eusa_doh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy