Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

WJW

New in Town
Thanks, Blackthorn, its cool to look at so many nice hats on this lounge.

History teach I really like your last hat from Tim, looks like a c crown and is very well balanced looking. Do you know the height of the hat open crowned? Thanks

66f7d913-98b9-4ebc-97cf-612c5294238b_zps656607a3.jpg

Cane reblock of whiskey felt that had a lot of taper. Tim did a great job with the crown and put in new sweat and ribbon.

The hat took on an amazing transformation. I wish I took a picture of it before I reblocked it. It had so much taper and a short crown with what I thought was too much brim so I cut it back to 2-5/8 inch and put a one inch ribbon on it to give it the crown an appearance of being taller. Worked out nicely. Bill, do you have a before picture to post?
Post a pic of the bow keeper I did on it if you can, thanks.

Last edited:
Anything new from Tim?

Matt, WJW is waiting on a Charcoal which I'll be doing up this week after I do a little re-work for GTD48.

What is new is this.....I had been buying up some blocks over the winter and I blocked several staple rabbit; I wanted to see what kind of sweat openings these were producing. So these hats are work in progress. Crowns were pounced, but I did not do the brims yet for this reason, each of these hats can be tweaked for fit; after which brims cut to desired sizes. I am going to take some photos over the weekend to post them and in hopes that I might obtain a few orders for them. Again sweat sizes can be modified slightly on these, photos and specs to come.

I also discovered something when I blocked up a beaver in Black Cherry.....the block I reckon is not as marked as it produced a 7-3/4 and not a 7 1/2 as indicated on the block. I'll post it later. It is basically done and open to ribbon choices.

I do have a Sand Beaver which was #16. I made it for a gent because he was leaning toward that; and I had the time to do it while he was deciding figuring if he did have a change of heart, I could just sell it. I'll post that later as well.

In closing, a dear friend of mien with a small noggin passed away several months ago. During the time he was going through Chemo I was buying hats for him; timing delivery so when he got home, there was a package for him to make his day a little brighter. I met up with his wife a couple weeks back and asked her to give me the hats to sell. He would have wanted me to do this......The proceeds will go to his daughter who is in college at ESU. He never saw her get there......but the cash I get from these will go to her for pocket money at school.
Mostly 6-7/8 and some 7's Vintage felts, Stetson Whippet, Cavanagh 35, Dobbs, Penny's a couple Dobbs milan and a coconut weave Dobbs. These will go to the classifieds later unless someone contacts me as a result of this post. I'll try to do this tomorrow evening. Work to do...got to run. Have a good day all!

Lando

Practically Family
After all the great comments and photos of good looking hats, I couldn't help but take the plunge on two Black Cherry Fedoras that Cane put up in the classifies. I didn't even need to see the pictures, I had enough trust based everything you guys have said here and how nice his hats have come out. I've been focused mostly on western hats of late, but the opportunity was too good and damn do I love a Black Cherry fedora. And so far the experience has been really quite interesting, the communication alone is on such a heightened level you don't often see. I'm just glad when Cane started texting me about details, I was only one mojito into my saturday night lol. And now, I wait. The hardest part. The part I'm getting worse and worse at with age. I thought we were suppose to get better at waiting as we get older.

gear-guy

Practically Family
I also took the plunge and had Tim custom make a hat in the style that I wanted. After seeing the hats here I didn't think that I could go wrong. I also ordered the black cherry so now I can't wait for April. It's a pleasure to deal Tim as he leaves no stones unturned. The prices are great and by the look of the hats here on the lounge so is the quality.

Last edited:

Lando

Practically Family
12996664603_a3db5c458e_b.jpg

All Beaver Black Cherry came in today. I was very happy about that, as evident by the picture below lol. I don't buy too many fedoras these days as I have a lot of good ones and I've been getting more westerns hats, but I'm sure glad I got this one. The hat feels strong but light, the stitching through out seems tight and solid, and the color is just perfect. I went with a brown ribbon to see if I could get some shades out of the Black Cherry I hadn't seen before. I've tried black, gray, and burgundy ribbons and they all add something different to the color of the hat. Next time I may try a blue ribbon, but this vintage brown ribbon did the job and the texture of it is very nice.

The hat image was taken half in the shade and half in the sun. Couldn't get better lighting but the in the end I realized it was kind of a blessing. The two different lightings give you a better idea of how the Black Cherry changes in lighting, for those of you who don't already own a Black Cherry hat.

This hat came out great. The communication with Cane was steady and he sent me a stream of pictures showing the hat at various stages. I doubt someone doing a huge amount of orders could keep up with this, but for a small operation it works out really great and made me feel like I was part of the creation process. I'll try and add some of the creation photos if anyone is interested and Cane doesn't mind. They're just photos of the hat body with different ribbons and the sweatband unattached.

Over all, a very solid product and I am looking forward to the Bunny Black Cherry ahead.

12996544295_e2b5d5d259_c.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
Wow, Tim sent me the pics of your hats because I am having a black cherry made. I must say they even look better on you. Excellent look.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap Mighty good looking hat Lando! It looks good on you and you look good standing under it! :eek: Tim does make a great hat and he's real good to work with. He goes above and beyond keeping you informed and up to date in the making process, he cares about his customers and he's a great guy to boot!! You wear your Cane's Creation well!

Sa-WEET lid, Lando! Congrats, my friend, and may you wear it in good health forever.

Tim, you are really hitting your stride now. FABULOUS work, sir!!!

Lando

Practically Family
Beautiful hat Lando! Great job Tim! Love the color combination of the felt and ribbon. Do you have any close up pictures of it?

I hope what you meant was a close up of the ribbon and felt. I hope this works. I really do like the way the black cherry shifts based on the ribbon on it. It's like your eyes cant make sense of it without help lol.
13048863915_3e52b9bbf9_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany