Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alpha Service Issue 1973 L2B Flight Jacket 'Rescue Lining' in XL

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0532(2).jpg

Cuffs need replacing do you think? Booked jacket in with seamstress to replace them with NOS USAF items. Moth nips need darning and it's pretty much there. Slightly broader shoulders than my recent Ground Crew L2B acquisition but nearly an inch shorter on the back...funny the sizing variations on these.

Stand By

One Too Many
Did you manage to find the same colour wrist cuffs for replacements ?
Besides that, it looks all there to me. A great find ! You must be happy.

How does the L2-B compare to an L-2 in terms of warmth ? I had a Buzz L-2 and would love another light jacket like that just for cool summer mornings ... but would an L2-B work for that or be too warm?
Thx.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Stand By,

Good to hear from you, the USAF NOS knits are a direct color replacement for the chewed up ones and are for the L2B, found a USA trader with some stock. These jackets are my summer go to at present, despite having some wool in the interlining I have found them comfortable in the warmer weather (cooler than civilian repro L2Bs). They are very short in fit & I rarely zip them up (makes it obvious just how short they are...only possible with my shirt tucked in). Didn't expect to like them as much as I do. I have a ground crew version too with a sage lining, that ones booked in for collar & cuff replacement...USAF NOS again (I've a small stash). Interesting enough I had the opportunity today to potentially purchase a Buzz L2 in 44, I passed (could have been a bit snug on me) but have purchased an Alpha Replica series (1990's USA) B15D from the same person. The L2B is a great summer jacket & is an alternative to my ELC Roughwear A2.

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks very much for the insight, BN - and it sounds as though the L2-B will be warmer than a standard L2 and that's the most I need out here at this time of year - it's already a silly 30C again already. I know. I know. I shouldn't complain a single word after that BRUTAL and LONG Winter, but still, a bit of nice Spring wouldn't go amiss, rather than slip gears and go straight to hot Summer ....

I'm glad you found a perfect match for the jacket's knits and it'll be a keeper when it's done. It's found a good and appreciative home. Nice one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff