Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alterations cost for leather

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
HI all, I am going in for a fitting on a lamb leather jacket that is having zippered sleeves shortened and and the Bemberg cloth lined leather body tightened up. It is a very fine Italian constructed jacket that is being worked on by a Rome trained alterations man. Question is, we did not talk about price and I am guessing, after some research compos with suit alterations, that it should cost no more than $100 for this work on the sleeves and body. Anyone on this list have any experiences to share about their alterations? Any experiences appreciated as to cost for leather alterations.

Thanks.

gliderace

New in Town
Sounds like a nice project. For $100, having sleeves and body work done is not bad at all. I had sleeve work done by a very down-to-earth Mom and Pop tailor around the corner, here, and for leather sleeve work it ran $50. I think that body work would run another $50 or so, therefore I think your price is OK. Good luck!

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Got my jacket back, tailor decided not to touch it.

Got my jacket back, tailor decided not to touch it, says jacket is too fine to modify without compromising the original stitchwork. I can see why and have decided not to alter but to wear as is. I was kind of nervous turning it in as the jacket was well beyond affordable jacket prices, even more so than my Lewis Leathers jackets. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff