Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Picker's jacket, what is it?

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
American Picker's on the History Channel host's leather jacket, what is it exactly is that dude wearing? It looks really cool!

53Effie

A-List Customer
American Picker

We must be on the same wavelength. I have been trying to figure it out too. I would like to have a similar one. It is a neat jacket. That has become my favorite program. You can bet it came from his scrounging activities.

mh

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
A photo would be helpful as reference. Is this the jacket?

0118-LPICKS17-01-full_full_600.jpg

1stsargent

New in Town
No thats not the jacket. The one he bought on the show had horizontal pocket flaps like an a2. He has been wearing the one seen it the pic above off and on throughout the series.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Well, the one he's wearing certainly looks to be vintage horsehide as well. And leather jackets are made by so many makers it would probably be impossible to nail down a maker, especially if it is vintage.

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
1stsargent said:
No thats not the jacket. The one he bought on the show had horizontal pocket flaps like an a2. He has been wearing the one seen it the pic above off and on throughout the series.

Are you talking about the black one he had on in last night's episode? It certainly is a cool coat and I'm sure he found it under a pile of old books or something. It's not the one in the screenshot above.

The collar on it is pretty large so I'm gonna bet it's not as old as we think. Maybe the seventies?

I want one!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Jackets

I would be willing to bet he has a few leather jackets from different eras! Why do I never find old motorcycles and leather jackets when I pick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner