Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amy Winehouse

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I first heard Rehab at the Colbert Report taping I went to--they were blasting it on the loudspeakers during a commercial break and several of the staff were doing the twist to it! Colbert was singing along and pointing at the audience during the "no, no, no"s. Too much fun. Great song in heavy rotation on my ipod. I haven't heard any of her other stuff though, I should investigate.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
I first heard Rehab at the Colbert Report taping I went to--they were blasting it on the loudspeakers during a commercial break and several of the staff were doing the twist to it! Colbert was singing along and pointing at the audience during the "no, no, no"s. Too much fun. Great song in heavy rotation on my ipod. I haven't heard any of her other stuff though, I should investigate.
Click on her Myspace page for a sampling!

Salv

One Too Many
I haven't heard all of the latest album, but her first album Frank is great. Jazzy arrangements with some hip-hop beats, and cynical lyrics about love and relationships sung in a gutsy, world-weary voice.

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Amy Winehouse is just amazing. She mixes old blues, with jazz and soul with a bit of her own style into the bowl. It's genius, if you ask me. Getting everyone bopping along to the old stuff now :D

Shearer

Practically Family
Love her! She's continuously on my iPod when I work out. When I first heard her a while ago, I fell in love with her voice and was reminded a little of Shirley Bassey.

Back to Black, You Know I'm No Good, Me and Mr. Jones and Tears Dry On Their Own are all worth DLing.

Oh, and she does a great cover of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Shearer said:
Back to Black, You Know I'm No Good, Me and Mr. Jones and Tears Dry On Their Own are all worth DLing.

The album is amazing isnt it?
My faves gotta be: Me and Mr. Jones and Tears Dry On Their Own...
I cried to that song one day, as it reminded me of my boyfriend at the time, as we were breaking up. Then my friend and I changed all the lyrics...ha

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss.Beast said:
The album is amazing isnt it?
My faves gotta be: Me and Mr. Jones and Tears Dry On Their Own...
I cried to that song one day, as it reminded me of my boyfriend at the time, as we were breaking up. Then my friend and I changed all the lyrics...ha

Yes! And Mr. Jones, Tears, and Back to Black are all great contemporary takes on the "I Will Survive" theme lol

I have to admit I'd seen pictures of Amy Winehouse before I knew who she was and when I finally put 2 and 2 together, I thought "I can't believe that voice is coming out of that little girl!" :p She's awesome.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
cover duel
Spin & rolling stone are in a catfight over dueling AmyWInehouse covers
duelingwinos.jpg

Miss.Beast

New in Town
I think she is beautiful

Some magazines in the UK present her in a horrible manner, and show some horrible pictures of her. And thus people think shes nasty.
Shes actually gorgeous, when you see pictures like these. Or, her wedding pictures! (her dress was amazing btw)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Love her! She's continuously on my iPod when I work out. When I first heard her a while ago, I fell in love with her voice and was reminded a little of Shirley Bassey.

Oh, and she does a great cover of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.

Read my mind. And where can I see her wedding dress? I searched but no luck...

Shearer

Practically Family
thebadmamajama said:
Read my mind. And where can I see her wedding dress? I searched but no luck...

Hee! I tried looking, too, as soon as Miss.Beast said that... Couldn't find anything and then I quit after some site sent my Mozilla crashing :(

Brooksie

One Too Many
Ooooo I love Amy Winehouse, I first read about her in my Bust magazine. We listen to a sattlelight station (sorry i cant spell worth beans tonight - i had surgery 2 days ago and have been on vikadin) at work which plays a few of her songs and everybody (including me) at work is now hooked on her music! For a while i even had Rehab on myspace as my music.

LB

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Amy & Blakes wedding picture

63hwbo3.jpg

It was a long white dress, with little red anchors everywhere.
But you know Amy, she wanted to make it her own style.
So she tied it up, and made it small.
Its very cute, and still classy.
Blake looks handsome too...

Sorry guys, this was the only picture I could find.

_ Naimah

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I have a total girl crush on her...I love "Back To Black", it reminds me of the Phil Spector sound. Something about big hair.... and I just love her voice.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
I have a total girl crush on her...I love "Back To Black", it reminds me of the Phil Spector sound. Something about big hair.... and I just love her voice.
I think I like "Back to Black" more than "Rehab" now. It definitely has the Phil Spector sound, but also something sorta ominous about it too. Amazing song.

Edward

Bartender
Miss.Beast said:
I think she is beautiful

Some magazines in the UK present her in a horrible manner, and show some horrible pictures of her. And thus people think shes nasty.
Shes actually gorgeous, when you see pictures like these. Or, her wedding pictures! (her dress was amazing btw)

She is a very attractive young lady for sure. A little more heavily tattooed than I would personally go for (though I'm cdertainly not opposed to a lady with ink!), but she really is pretty. I do lean to the view that she could do with gaining a bit of weight again, as she didn't look well the last few shots I saw in the newspaper, but hey ho... I love her face, she has such a striking look - great eyes, and all that liquid eyeliner (damn, I wish I was as good with it as she is!). The big hair is fab too.

(BTW.... your Avatar photo looks great. You bear a strong, almost unsettling, resemblence to a friend of mine - you don't have any realtives in the Six Counties by any chance?)

RedHotRidinHood said:

Oh, yes! Spector sure knew what he was doing behind that production desk. And the writing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner