Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an idea I've been tossing around ... your thoughts?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Your credibility as host should be established from the onset. Otherwise you're just another schmo wearing a hat.
that's exactly what I am ... it's not about me ... at all

I'm sure in the 7 second intro I will explain who I am and what my mission is in a voice over ... that will be the extent of that

something like ...

"I'm Anthony Amodeo ... musician and long time vintage hat collector and enthusiast ... I'm on a mission to travel the country and bring to you some of the greatest vintage hat collectors, hat shops , and bespoke hatters this world has to offer ... we will do some of that right now on (insert show title) "

bla bla bla ...

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
that's exactly what I am ... it's not about me ... at all

I'm sure in the 7 second intro I will explain who I am and what my mission is in a voice over ... that will be the extent of that

something like ...

"I'm Anthony Amodeo ... musician and long time vintage hat collector and enthusiast ... I'm on a mission to travel the country and bring to you some of the greatest vintage hat collectors, hat shops , and bespoke hatters this world has to offer ... we will do some of that right now on (insert show title) "

bla bla bla ...
Introducing and presenting yourself to the general public or even the general hat wearing public as the shows host, you and your collection is worth more then a "7 second" mention. At least 10.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
ha!
not a bad idea
for now I'll be the only host so you will have to unfortunately stare at my mug
I am profoundly tempted to photoshop some lovely blonde locks onto one of your posts.

I will refrain out of my abiding respect for you (and because you would kick my butt were we ever to meet for battle in the octogon).

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Introducing and presenting yourself to the general public or even the general hat wearing public as the shows host, you and your collection is worth more then a "7 second" mention. At least 10.
I picture that voice over intro over quick flashes of photos consisting of ... me on drums ... my cluttered hat room/studio ... then quick shots of hat shops, hatters, and some of the collectors that will be on some of the episodes

picture something like this just shorter

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I picture that voice over intro over quick flashes of photos consisting on ... me on drums ... my cluttered hat room/studio ... then quick shots of hat shops, hatters, and some of the collectors that will be on some of the episodes

picture something like this just shorter

Too short and choppy. More time in yer hat room on yer hats and boxes. ;)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
it's not about me and won't be about me

The show won't be about you , but you've a a ton of super sweet lids . It would actually be a great way to start it off . Everybody on the show will give background and history , is draws people in , which is the key is a successful program . It could really catch on and Hats could seriously make the biggest come back yet . Hats and facial hair are the norm , the non-Hat and non-facial hair (shaving) phase are a blip in history , not normal . Both are on the up swing again .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The show won't be about you , but you've a a ton of super sweet lids . It would actually be a great way to start it off . Everybody on the show will give background and history , is draws people in , which is the key is a successful program . It could really catch on and Hats could seriously make the biggest come back yet . Hats and facial hair are the norm , the non-Hat and non-facial hair (shaving) phase are a blip in history , not normal . Both are on the up swing again .

I understand what you guys are saying but I don't want this to be about me at all

not only that ... it just seems extremely tacky to be like ... "hey check out my show ..." ... then it's me there talking about my collection ... that's cringeworthy to me ... yuck

I'll mention my passion in the introduction and that will be it ... this show will be about the shops , collectors , and hatters that I visit

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't think that you were making it about you . Its just a good way to start and get into the back ground of how you became interested in Hats and where it has led . Everyone on a show like that gives a back ground to how they got into whatever it is , and where they're at now . Human Interest . Its normal . People want to know the cat involved as well as those the cat interviews .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't think that you were making it about you . Its just a good way to start and get into the back ground of how you became interested in Hats and where it has led . Everyone on a show like that gives a back ground to how they got into whatever it is , and where they're at now . Human Interest . Its normal . People want to know the cat involved as well as those the cat interviews .
it will be brief in the intro ... too much to fit into a 20 min. show to talk about myself ... just not a good look in my opinion

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
it will be brief in the intro ... too much to fit into a 20 min. show to talk about myself ... just not a good look in my opinion
I only know Anthony from FL. To me he comes across as a genuine, humble guy. He has a passion for hats and motivated to present/direct a program to share his passion with a wider audience. Kudos to Anthony for stepping up and making this happen - or at least getting a pilot planned.

Guys, please stop hassling Anthony about being the subject of the show. That is clearly not what he wants for the program or himself. Let's support his idea and efforts rather than nag him about showing off his hat collection.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I only know Anthony from FL. To me he comes across as a genuine, humble guy. He has a passion for hats and motivated to present/direct a program to share his passion with a wider audience. Kudos to Anthony for stepping up and making this happen - or at least getting a pilot planned.

Guys, please stop hassling Anthony about being the subject of the show. That is clearly not what he wants for the program or himself. Let's support his idea and efforts rather than nag him about showing off his hat collection.
I like to nag him cuz were "good like that."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21