Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Indy / non-Indy Fedora hybrid... (pics)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank You for the welcome Feraud. There seems to be a few New Yorkers here. Are any of you from the city familiar with the Fedora Lounge in the West village?
I like the loose bash as it leaves me options for future tweeking.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Douglas! Love the hat, you did a great job on the shape of it. You could almost be seen in a photo of some folks in 1930's Europe enjoying an early morning coffee at a cafe going over scientific papers. Again, great looking hat.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Feraud

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Thank You for the welcome Feraud. There seems to be a few New Yorkers here. Are any of you from the city familiar with the Fedora Lounge in the West village?
I like the loose bash as it leaves me options for future tweeking.

I have not been to the place you refer to Douglas. There are quite a few tri-state members at the lounge.
We might have to do a minor East Coast get together soon.. :)

DOUGLAS

Thank you DanielJones,I do like the thirties styled hats. The brim on this one is a bit wider than I am used to but Marc did such a good job I ended up really enjoying it.

The Fedora Lounge is a bar in the West Village. I myself have not been there but I used to pass by it often. It seems to have been there for a while and looks to have that old gin mill flavor. I will pass by again and find out the address.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I agree with the others;Great looking hat and the 30s bash really works. It has that natural' I just grabbed it and it's shaped without any special care look to it' that you see so much in photos from the 30s.:eusa_clap

Do you wear vintage clothes too or are you only collecting hats?

I almost forgot, welcome to the Lounge Douglas! Cheers!
Best regards, Sefton

DOUGLAS

Sefton, I primarily collect hats. I have many vintage ties and vests but no real vintage clothing.I do try to complete a look that will compliment the hats I wear but collecting hats seems to take most of my free time. I used to collect military uniforms and sometimes I still do but that became prohibitively exspensive.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
How Much $

Bloody nice hat! Great pics too.

Marc, what is the price range of your offerings?

m

Marc

Vendor
Bloody nice hat! Great pics too.

Marc, what is the price range of your offerings?

Thanks! The hat itself is 300€, plus shipping and evtl. 5% PAYPAL fees, if that's what is preferred.

Due to the min. requirement of my felter (50 pieces per color on the custom made rawbodies), there only one way to keep them affordable without ending up in the poorhouse myself and that is to only offer them in that particular brown (unless someone is willing to put down several thousand bucks, of course:D ). If there's enough interest in a particular color however, I'm sure things can be worked out.

Regards,

Marc

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Looks like a nice hat and nice material - but the bash does nothing for me. However, it's his hat, not mine. As long as he's comfortable wearing it, I'm sure it will look OK on him.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Have to agree regarding the bash. Doesn't mean it has to be sent out to be professionally blocked -- you could do a more sophisticated bash yourself. The brim, in particular, needs work.

Otherwise you're not really doing justice to the lovely materials -- you could have a much more rustic hat, loosely shaped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred