Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

and people stare at us.......

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
failownedhatfailm.jpg

a fedora would be the proper hat......and I guess he could still wear it backwards:eusa_doh:

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Cubs fan....

This guy is obviously distraught. Take my word for it - I'm from the North Side. Cut him some slack... ;)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
a fedora would be the proper hat......and I guess he could still wear it backwards:eusa_doh:[/QUOTE]

Here are my theories on the backwards baseball cap:

1. the best player on the team is the catcher and catchers used to wear their hats backward back in the day before helments. That would place me in about [I]Little League[/I] ;).

2. this is how they teach people to shoot in the Marine Corp.

3. my [I]gansta[/I] buddies where is this way.

But, I do make exceptions for backwards baseball caps in the case of a long gun with a scope ;). It just so happens, with my latest Whitetail rig, that I can rest the bill of my cap on top of the scope like a [I]binky[/I] and it shoots just fine :).

[IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2811/hpim1255p.jpg

hpim1256.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I have friends who claim I am responsible for this backwards wearing of the cap but I sincerely doubt it...

I went through basic training in 1961 ( yes I am old ) anyway, when we went to the firing line to fire the rifles we were all laying on the ground side by side.

Now when we started firing the empty brass cartridges from the person beside me ejected out of his gun and one would occasionally go down my collar and burn my neck.. So I turned my military green ball cap around so the bill would cover my neck ... It worked so well the range coordinator instructed all to turn around their caps when laying down on the firing line...

Years later we saw all the kids doing this backwards thing and I got blamed for it.

So now you know "the rest of the story" ..lol

As for our friend in the above pic,,,, he is just not smarter than the average stupid person... lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep - cracked me up too Goose.
What a hoot.

And that, folks - is my 15th post. Can I make myself at home now?

I'd say that you might as well take your stuff out of the boxes............you have a home.:eusa_clap Enjoy

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks Bart. I'll just kick my shoes off, throw the Akubra Bogart on the hat stand, sling the suit coat over the back of the chair, grab a coffee and enjoy the classy company around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy