Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"and that's when I tried to hit him..."

Qinhan

Familiar Face
The second picture of Depp above kinda puts the don't wear black boots with brown leather jacket argument to bed..

Do you mean it proves that it's ok to do so, or not? I'm genuinely interested in your answer as I wrestle with this one myself.

Brando11

A-List Customer
The core of the issue is he is belittling you and getting away with it. You can call him on it without getting violent, and he'll never do it again.

Simply walk right up to him, looking him in the eye the whole time. Get real close, inside his space, and simply say, " What do you mean by that?' Watch him start to blabber while you stare into his face from inches away.

Best-
-Brando

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Slightly unsubtle yes, but depending on the level of idiot, something ranging from "Bugger off" to "F@#k off" should do the trick nicely.

schitzo

Suspended
The core of the issue is he is belittling you and getting away with it. You can call him on it without getting violent, and he'll never do it again.

Simply walk right up to him, looking him in the eye the whole time. Get real close, inside his space, and simply say, " What do you mean by that?' Watch him start to blabber while you stare into his face from inches away.

Best-
-Brando

lol the cold and precise tone of this and the fact that it's so very clearly the voice of experience speaking made me chuckle.

But dya think he actually was trying to belittle you or is that perhaps giving him too much credit? From what was written in the OP it sounded like this guy is more likely just the type of doofus who has that in built knack of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time. I pity the fool!!

He has to live with himself and the reactions he provokes EVERY single day

Last edited:

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just tell him 'No not Indy..but more like Joe Foreman'. Then knock him completely out..and go get a cup of coffee and relax. :boxing::coffee:

Joe Foreman - that's when Joe Frazier's fist hits the fist of George Foreman and the two meld into one bad dude JOE FOREMAN!... the relaxed, coffee drinking pugilist. (LOL)

-dixon cannon

pipvh

Practically Family
You know, it's when the tickets stop making stupid comments that you have to start worrying. People who own their look always sow envy and confusion in their wake!

Jack Patch

Familiar Face
I work with 13 women and any hat even resembling a fedora gets me the "hello Indi" comment. I take it as a compliment since all of them think he is hot, at least that's what they tell me.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all I've had a wonderful time with this thread. Schizzy what right though... I was having a pt of a biss at this particular guys expense. He was/is "harmless" but he is CLUELESS. Unless it's Halloween or a costume party I'd never assume a person was going for the "Indy" look and certainly wouldn't say so unless he's wearing a pouch and a whip, then I'd know for sure. It's just frustrating trying to spend time to look like.... me, only to be called someone else. Still this was great fun and there's no other place I'd rather "vent" then my favorite lounge...

Worf

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I also console myself with this:

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength". Eric Hoffa.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh I dunno, I've seen photos of Worf here and I reckon this bloke was prety darn brave (maybe suicidal!!) to make a smart**s remark to The Big Man! lol

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
When I am wearing my Irvin, the standard remark is always something like: "Hey, where did you park the Spitfire?" (At least they know)
And my standard answer is: "It's a Hurricane, but I don't recon you know the difference!"

L'Onset

Familiar Face
Once I was wearing a blue blazer, slacks and a panama hat, I was told I looked like Pierce Brosnan. I took it as a compliment and answered the guy to say it to my wife. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy