Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Annoying phenomenon

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Remembering that I'm new to all this....

I saw "Madmen / Mad Men" in so many descriptions, I finally just figured out to run a search and pull up, well, pretty much EVERYTHING!

Is it me, or do you also notice that people are sometimes off by a decade? eg a 60's item described as "50's"...or a 50's item that really seems a bit more 40's.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
A few years back, I ended up with a somewhat worn but quite wearable Borsalino (I was thrilled) -- listed on eBay as a "Cowboy Hat" -----

Geesie

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
RETRO VINTAGE MAD MEN ART DECO VLV EMO!

Everything I know about art history I learned from eBay. For example, the Art Deco movement covered everything manufactured from 1910 to 1970.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
All you have to do is look in the era specific vintage clothing category. Or, if you don't want to run the risk of missing some, do your search for men's vintage suits, for example, then go to the left and click on only those categories you want, such as mens vintage clothing, and men's suits etc.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
But then you would miss all my late fifties or sixties suits, not to mention that gaberdine pull over with Alfred E Neuman on it.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Another one that really amuses me more than annoys me, is when somebody selling an antique radio says that there are "bulbs" inside. Tubes, of course. lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
Another one that really amuses me more than annoys me, is when somebody selling an antique radio says that there are "bulbs" inside. Tubes, of course. lol

Because we all know radios need lightbulbs inside them so we can see inside. How else could we get the really cool radio-dial glow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy