Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Aero and Schott Sunset Jacket

schmitty8

New in Town
For starters, I love this board. You guys were all very helpful and i have had an Aero FQHH brown Herc for about 8 months I bought through Mark Moye. He did a good job of assisting with the length, sleeve length etc. I need to post some pics for you all. I love it so much, was thinking about another one. Was uber-interested in JanSolo's goat 1930s half belt, but I am 6'3 and wear a 46, so Amanda @ Aero said that the goat will not work. So, not trying to rethink. Can anyone comment on the seal jerky, oil pull (Horse and Steer) and Vintag FQHH's?

Also, was perusing Schott, have any of you seen the Schott Sunset jacket fro $ 1000? Wow. Looks like brown FQHH but 'vintaged' a little. this in brown or black is sort of what I am looking for:

http://moderndestiny.com/2011/10/31/daily-lust-perfecto-by-schott-nyc-sunset-jacket/
http://www.perfectobrand.com/products/sunset.htm

also, love Butte's watches and Toshi straps. All over that too. this site is expensive.

Schmitty

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I own a Schott jacket, my second one and I love it. However I don't think Schott makes a $1000 jacket to be honest. You'll get loose threads, some crooked stitching, my zipper is tight in spots, my perfecto I had for 10 years lost a grommet and the sleeve came undone within the first month (Schott repaired it). The Schott HH leather isn't as nice as the $1000 jacket makers like Aero and LW (I still think the cowhide leather on my Perfecto was the nicest I've ever seen though hands down, I know some people will disagree but I've never seen it's equal).

I still love my Schott jacket it's just not a $1000 jacket, it was a steal at the $560 I got it for. But to be fair I've never seen the Sunset jacket in question.

That said the Schott Sunset is a sharp looking jacket and if you got it I doubt you would be upset with it.

Last edited:

schmitty8

New in Town
I agree Dr Velo. The jacket does look very nice though. My problem with off the shelf jackets is they may not fit like you want them too (too long, too short, too baggy etc) and for $ 1000, you should get a custom Aero! I love Aeros hides, but wishing the one for the Schott Sunset was available. That Sunset is a very cool jacket too.......wonder if Aero could/would do something like it? It is similar to a 30's half belt but with a different back. Anyway - does anyone know if the Vintage FQHH or Oil Pull have that look? I don't think they do.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
$869. What is that, a 7-piece back? Who is Schott kidding. I much preferred Schott when they were a quality biker/army-navy store brand rather than the designer brand they're trying to become now.

I haven't seen many Aeros with that type of marbled look. Some of the broken in vintage brown FQHH look kind of like it. Maybe you can contact Aero with that photo and ask for a similar hide. I'm sure they have something like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo