Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Aero Bootlegger thread...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
I am heading up to Seattle on Saturday to meet with Carrie and get fitted for a BL. This is the jacket that will replace the DD Beck which fell through. I will be going with the STF "premier" version for fit reasons and I do love the arc on the back yoke.

I am considering many of their "brown" leathers and look forward to seeing them in person. Among the top contenders currently are the russet Vincenza, the tumbled HH(brown or cordovan), tumbled steer or perhaps goat.

I also want a fixed fur collar, leaning heavily towards the "irvin" at the moment. I did a mock up to see what the collar might look like. I don't care for the snap on collars as they often look too "fluffy" for my taste. I prefer the collar to look relatively solid and flat hence the fixed version.

Things I am considering and would love feedback on...

Fur color
D pocket (ala Carlos' amazing jacket) or regular zip pockets
Throat strap (I almost def want this as it was one of the features of the Beck 333 I really loved)

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Aero Premier Bootlegger Brown CXL FQHH front copy.png
    Aero Premier Bootlegger Brown CXL FQHH front copy.png
    523.6 KB · Views: 502

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
...and a cordovan mock up

Attachments

• collar fur.png
    collar fur.png
    948.6 KB · Views: 416

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I am a big fan of natural coloured fleece, got it on my Thunderbay(see post) and though it looks fine on my black Vicenza I think a contrasting brown/ginger would go better with this.

That sounds like a very cool jacket indeed!! can't wait to see how the finished product turns out! Do keep us posted!

I am a big fan of natural coloured fleece, got it on my Thunderbay(see post) and though it looks fine on my black Vicenza I think a contrasting brown/ginger would go better with this.
I tend to agree...something a bit more complimentary to the color of the leather. The natural/white could be cool tho...

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Not for riding but soft and supple sound good!
Don't let the first impression of FQHH or heavy steer fool you though. With wear it becomes really soft as well (though heavier). For some reason I don't like the smell of my shackleton, actually it stinks compared to my FQHHs. Maybe the cow had already started rotting away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy