Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Teamster

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello all,

Well my Teamster arrived yesterday and what a beast it is. The thing is definately Clydebuilt and going to take some taming. I got it as a standard 44 jacket in brown FQHH with "real football" (for you sporting heathens) buttons, medium weight weathered MacKenzie tartan and a snapless inside pocket. I love the colour of the hide and think its going to break into a teriffic jacket, the unfortunate thing is its mid summer here so I wouldnt imagine I will get much wear out of it until around May.

There is a small issue with it tho. The seam across the top of the shoulder is not even and there is a 3/4 of a centemeter difference between the left and the right shoulders. I'm wondering if this will matter as the jacket breaks in and if i'm possibly being a bit pedantic here? I've asked coleagues if they can spot any anomalys in the jacket and no one has spotted it even when I point it out. What do you think.

I will post some photos soon.

regards

Garry

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Small differences like this can't be avoided when working with such heavy leathers. Aero have a statement regarding this on their website. Just enjoy your jacket. :)

dan_t

Practically Family
Sounds like a wonderful jacket, please do post some pics.
FQHH & a medium weight weathered MacKenzie tartan, for here in Aus?
I hope you run a little cold naturally as that will be a warm jacket!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I get more use out of my Teamster here in Sydney during the colder months than you would think. I've got a mid weight tartan liner as well! Don't worry you will get plenty of use out of it!

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
I was hoping someone whould say that Rudie. Its a small inerfection in an otherwise beautiful jacket.

Aussies, I live up a mountain about 12Km from Baltic Ballarat in Victoria so I the winter will be plenty cold enough. The medium weight tartan is not that thick. Being Scottish, I have a heavy weight MacKenzie tartan kilt and there is a huge difference between the weaves.

Garry

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations. My Teamster is also brown FQHH with football and an inside pocket without closure. BTW:
worthlesswithoutpics

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Photo at last! Please ignore my previous concerns about the shoulder seams, I dont notice it now. Ive been wearing the jacket quite a lot and its starting to break in in the arms and collar after a bit of water treatment. What do you think?

fdf
D1CF7BA0-637C-463B-A2B4-39F6BEBAEADC_zpskah4odry.jpg

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Fit looks spot on, great looking jacket. The clean look of the front of the Teamster really shows off the hide and will look better and better as it breaks in.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Teamster looks and appears to fit spot on. In fact your Teamster looks virtually the same as mine, including comparable body and sleeve lengths. With another cold front (Texas Norther) moving through this afternoon, I plan to wear mine to work tomorrow.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Mate, having just moved away from Victoria, The Big Country last December I know for a fact you're never going to get to wear that enough. Send it over here and I'll do it justice and give it the wear it needs. I'll even do it for free ;)

Seriously, bloody lovely looking from the photo and fit looks good too.

But smile for God's sake, you've just gotten a damn nice jacket :D

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the comments lads. I'm very please with it and your right Fanch, it is close to identical to yours since yours was the deciding factor.

Hmmm Smithy, If you think I wont get the use out of it here in the Victorian winter I can only assume you've never been to Ballarat in June/July. Not the coldest place in the world but there is a dampness which sucks the heat oot yer bones! Fair point with the miserable fizz-og tho, now that I've figured out how to attach pictures I promise to smile in the next photos......

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments lads. I'm very please with it and your right Fanch, it is close to identical to yours since yours was the deciding factor.

Hmmm Smithy, If you think I wont get the use out of it here in the Victorian winter I can only assume you've never been to Ballarat in June/July. Not the coldest place in the world but there is a dampness which sucks the heat oot yer bones! Fair point with the miserable fizz-og tho, now that I've figured out how to attach pictures I promise to smile in the next photos......

Must be pretty warmish up in the Rat at the moment Flashy. You'll be looking forward to autumn and winter for that one.

I take it that it's also swiftly become the first thing to take out of the house for your Fire Plan ;)

Enjoy the jacket it's an absolute corker!

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Wearing mine, as I pen this. Love my Teamster. Yours is another fine example of this very versatile jacket.

Mark

Practically Family
That's a great jacket Flashheart, good fit too. I have always fancied this type of jacket for the winter but feel this style looks best on taller, broader guys. How tall are you may I ask?
Enjoy your jacket, its a beauty

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Mark, I'm 6'3 and a 44 inches across the chest. It is a big jacket but I think part of that is the hide. Being horse it's pretty stiff and in need of breaking in. I think when it's a bit more formed to me, it will appear less boxy.

Dan, I will post some more pictures tomorrow when I get to my computer.

Regards

Garry

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Here you go Dan, hope this helps. Its a pitty we dont have smellivision as the jacket smells incredible! I'll post a few more at the weekend when I can get Mrs Flashy to wield the camera.

E2215C7C-BF9C-4CA4-9ACF-8ABF55FE32A5_zps2oopaunp.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24