Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Florida Loungers seen this guy?

FlArchaeologist

Familiar Face
Lee,

I live in Fernandina Beach, so I'll head downtown and check it out. That looks like the side of the Palace Saloon. Definitely something new, as I've never seen him before (not to mention they've been remodeling and re-doing everything inside and out at the Palace following the fire). I'll go check it out and report back as to whether he's still there. Looks like he's at the entrance to what used to be a really awesome pizza joint right behind the Palace (the two are connected inside....or were...).

Cheers,
Adam C.

FlArchaeologist

Familiar Face
So, I went down town to check the statue out....aye, it's still there...and so is Charlie's Pizza! They were talking about closing it a year ago (and even shut it down a short while), so I'm glad to see that it is back as it has been downtown awhile. It's glad to return at the end of the year and see that at least SOME things haven't changed (too much) back home.

Cheers,

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Adam! That's very kind of you to look into this. Since I'm not in Florida, I had no idea of the story behind this statue. But with your information I've learned much more than expected. Thank you very much. :)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran