Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in a vintage Bowler / Derby from Paris, France?

luvthatlulu

Suspended
In our travels the other day, Lulu and I ran into a shop selling a vintage 20s or 30s Bowler / Derby from a hatter in Paris, France that was in absolutely pristine condition! It was clearly high-quality with a gorgeous lining and appeared little worn if any. Problem is they wanted what we felt was too much for it -- $90.00! I might be able to negotiate it down some, but thought I would see if there was anybody here interested first. I don't remember the exact size, it was probably a 7 1/8 at best because it did not fit me at all, but I can check it again as I am going to be there again in the next day or so. I would offer it for what I pay for it plus actual shipping and $5 handling if anyone would like to own it. It was too nice not to be in someone's hands at the FL.

P. S. -- To put this hat's condition / visual appeal in perspective: I don't particularly like the style myself, but I would have bought it if it were my size. Hat is a gorgeous gem with beautiful edge binding and lining. Sorry I didn't get pics to make the point.

Not the Lulu

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Yes? No? Maybe? Hello? Considering a new Christy's is $270.00, I expected someone out there might be a liitle bit interested. I've seen a Christy's bowler and this one will make the Christy's go hide under the bed and whimper. Going once...going twice...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland