Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in British tweed jackets?

Micawber

A-List Customer
I have a several good quality tweed jackets that I'm thinking of parting with as the tweeds are just not 'me' if you know what I mean. They are all around a size 42R and come from the likes of John G Hardy. Would there be any interest for such garments here?

moustache

Practically Family
I have no doubts that interest abounds!!! I only wish i wore a size 42!!
Drats!!! Maybe i could eat my way to a 42??? lol lol

Better not.

I'm sure you will have no problem finding interest,Steve.

JD

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
Me too ...

I wear a 41-42R and would love to see some pictures. I like tweeds in general and have been looking for a herringbone with green and brown.

Robert

Micawber

A-List Customer
Ok here's the first one, apologies for the delay but what with Christmas and all that....

BlHardy01.jpg

BlHardy02.jpg

BlHardy05.jpg

BlHardy04.jpg

BlHardy03.jpg

SB, 2 button, double vent in summer weight tweed by John G Hardy. Size approx 42s. Includes working cuff buttons & 3 interior pockets.

Back length (bottom of collar to hem) 29.5 - 30 ins.
Pit to pit 22 - 22.5 ins.

Good used condition - could do with a clean to freshen up, if the price is right I will get this done before dispatch.

Price - open to offers really so pm me with your thoughts or might entertain trades on size 7 1/4 hats.

Micawber

A-List Customer
Ok, here is another John G Hardy

BrnHardy01.jpg

BrnHardy02.jpg

BrnHardy03.jpg

BrnHardy04.jpg

BrnHardy05.jpg

This one is SB, labelled as 42s, 3 button, double vent a heavier weight than above 100% wool in a dazzling (not for the fainthearted) check with hacking style slant exterior pockets, 3 interior pockets, 3 non function cuff buttons. Only worn a very few times so in as new condition.

Length (from bottom of collar to hem) 29.5 - 30 ins.
Pit - pit 22.

This jacket really does make an impact when worn. Price - open to offers or trades in similar size clothes or approx 7 1/4 hats. PM me and lets talk.

Micawber

A-List Customer
And another...

Tvtx01.jpg

Tvtx02.jpg

Tvtx05.jpg

Tvtx03.jpg

Tvtx04.jpg

SB, 2 button (leather), double vent, 4 interior pockets in very nice 100% Teviotex of Hawick wool herringbone tweed with olive, blue etc windowpane check in hardly worn so virtually as new condition.

Labelled as 42s but of a more generous cut than the above so would prob still fit 43/44.

Back length (from bottom of collar to hem) 29.5 - 30.
Pit - pit 22.5.

Price etc as above - only parting with it as my wardrobe is bulging at the moment :)

Micawber

A-List Customer
Lastly (for now) a vintage SB in very heavy Welsh wool

Lrry01.jpg

Lrry02.jpg

Lrry03.jpg

Lrry05.jpg

Lrry06.jpg

Lrry04.jpg

A vintage Welsh (purchased as being from Lerry) wool SB in very heavy off white / black & grey large houndstooth tweed. 3 button, working cuff buttons, no vent, 5 interior pockets including 2 poachers pockets with support straps.

No labels. Minor damage / wear to lining on one side around pocket area (5th photo down) and could do with a clean to freshen up.

Back length (from bottom of collar to hem) 31.
Pit - pit 22 - 22.5

Would suit 42, 43, poss 44.

An extremely heavy eye catching tweed in a weight that is just not available today. Price etc as above.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Micawber - Great jackets! If only they were from another retired amateur jockey... I am always looking for tweed jackets or coats in my size but they are a rare find. Now that my last two are a bit threadbare, I may need to break down and have two more made... I have a favorite search set up on eBay for Harris Tweed jackets in my size but have yet to find a new listing.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Viviene - I am a 34 short, very short - when I can splurge for a custom jacket they are just under 29" long (back collar to hem). I have found a wonderful tailor who has some of my favourite vintage fashion prints on his wall, and is eager to make me clothing in these styles, but he is one of, if not the best, of Boston's tailors and quite expensive. Any time I can find goo quality clothing close enough for my tailor to fix I feel almost obligated to make the purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran