Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Re-enactors in Michigan?

Tophat Dan

New in Town
The title says it all. I used to do Civil war, but grew away from it. I'd really like to attend an event, but I don't know anyone who does WW2. There is an event every other year or so here at the Yankee air force museum, and last time I asked around, all the guys I could find were from Ohio, Indiana or Wisconsin! I have some equipment for doing U.S. (helmet, M-1, M-43 boots and russet service shoes) but wouldn't be averse to trying on a Heer unit for size either, though I have no equipment for that.

So anyone here in Michigan or know a friendly group I could contact?

Regards;

Dan

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
Re-enactors

Hi ya Tophat!
I know of one group I met at the Yankee air show back in 06,the Wiking group,thier German re-enactors I belive thier in Jackson Mi. the website for them is wiking.org
I also have a small collection of U.S. ww2 gear if You have no luck with these guys maybe We could start a group?
over and out
Tailend

Tophat Dan

New in Town
Thanks!

Thanks for the responses guys! The situation with the economy here seems to have hit re-enactors and anyone else who uses Liquid Gold (a.k.a. gasoline) to go to and from group meetings hard.

TailendCharlie: I'm about 20-30 mins from Detroit over in Ypsi. Maybe we should get together and have a chat. Email me at 999dan1066@gmail.com999
Remove the nines to make it work.

Badluck Brody: Thanks for the info on that event. I'd actually heard about it a couple of years ago and wanted to go, but couldn't remember where it was. I'll see if funds permit this year.

Regards;

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo