Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small Reenactment near Philadelphia on the 23rd of October

1Can Gabe

New in Town
Hello All,

I'm Gabe Christy, a reenactor with the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion Living History Group, and a senior at Cheltenham High School.

I've been trying to organize a small living history set up at the Historical Richard Wall House Museum, a small, but interesting, peice of local history. (this is the website: http://www.cheltenhamtownship.org/richardwallhouse website/index.htm)
I apologize for the short notice of this, but I was wondering if anyone from the philadelphia area would be able to attend on Saturday October the 23. It wouldn't be a very large event, due to lack of space, and lack of planning, but if you're looking for a nice small event that will probably draw some attention, as the wall house is right next to a large road and most people from the area aren't used to seeing a living history set up, I encourage you to come. I'm hoping to go for something of a military through the ages set up, the wall house was built in the late 1600s and is the longest lived in house in Pennsylvania, it was occupied up until the mid 1980s, and having living history displays from the F&I/ Rev War peiod up through WWII seemed fitting. Also, the wall house has a small WW2 exhibit going on now, which will be up until the spring.

There are a number of restaurants in the area, though lodging, if needed, may be somewhat difficult to come by. Also, bringing any vehicles or larger equipment is very much encouraged, as they will surely be attention grabbers. Finally, though this may go with out saying, no live rounds, or blanks are to be brought, fire arms are perfectly fine though.

I apologize for the short notice, and I hope to hear from you soon,
L/Cpl Gabe Christy
1st Canadian Parachute Battalion
HQ Coy Reenactor

Contact info:
Email: gabeyc8000@hotmail.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters