Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Tips?

melanie

One of the Regulars
I love the 50s home decor look, I adore it infact, all those florals and candy stripes, pastel shades, it is fab. I am trying my best to make our home look as 50s as possible, by adding little touches like floral cushions, crochet shelf trimming, floral quilts ect..., can you give me any other tips on how I can make our home look more 50s?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Have you done a search of the FL? We keep old threads for reference around here. The Display Case probably has what you're looking for.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Our 1956 home still had the original oven and stove top (separate) in pink. The main bathroom was also pink, pink tub, pink tile, pink sink. Hardwood floors through out the house. We also had a lot of sliding wooden doors between room, and for the Master bath.

Later

Chas

One Too Many
Two excellent sites that I can recommend.

For this one, bring money.antiqueappliances.com

This is wonderful stuff- hoping that someday somebody will launch a line of reproduction fabrics. Second Hand Rose.

A trip to your favorite second hand bookstore or library can help, as well. I often see copies of Western Living around here in Vancouver that have some amazing 1950's interior stuff. I would recommend scanning ebay for some 1950's magazines that deal specifically with 1950's interiors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS