Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody ever order from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
Where did you see 24 oz.? Is that what 700 gram equals?

I wish we could see someone wear one of their suits. Just sitting on a mannequin doesn't show me enough.

700 grams = 24.69 oz. But the original measurement is presumably grams per metre, so a 700 gram fabric would really be 26.91 ounces per yard.

I don't think I even have an overcoat that heavy.

Even their "lightweight" tweeds are nearly 15 oz.! Most Americans would just about roll over dead at a jacket that heavy.

bookster1uk

Vendor
tweed-jacket.com

Greetings, Bookster here, proprietor of the above. I'm cautious about pushing our brand on the lounge, don't want to break any rules, but thought a few words would be OK?
We studiously avoided using pics of people wearing our garments as we desperately want to avoid setting a type/ image. Our customers range from 16 to near death, they include lovers of vintage and classic styling and quality, lean be-stubbled fashionistas, portly men of all pursuasions, the clergy, an increasing number of army officers,surgeons, hunters, equestrians, and many more, all with different financial means too. We get a real lift out of making these cloths and garments available widely at hopefully great prices, it doesn't mean we offer substandard, we are totally committed to what we do, anything less would be shortlived and pointless. We don't rush things through like other online tailors, it takes around 6 weeks to fulfill an order, we improve on that when we can.We have some great things in the pipeline too so its worth keeping tabs on us.
We've started collecting pics of our customers who have given permission for their images to be used, am I allowed to post a couple?
Peter

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I read your reasoning for not using models though i think all around they are just a better choice when it comes to marketing a product. Often i see floating hats or disembodied jackets and just wonder how it would look on anyone. Doesn't have to be old or young, just has to be someone that shows me the general look of the clothes.

Jovan

Suspended
I agree. Personally, I like to see it both on a person and on a form. Gives me a good cross-section of what to expect. [huh]

This is why I like websites such as ThinkGeek that have a customer photo section for each clothing product. You can see how the t-shirts or jumpers look on people of all builds (and both sexes), rather than just seeing the graphic and colour selection.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
good news!

Peter is sending me a three piece tweed to try the fit and a range of cloth samples. I will post plenty of photos. I have high hopes in placing an order and finally adding one to my wardrobe. :D

More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy