Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody In A Hat Club?

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I was thinking of starting a hat club, people who could get together to appreciate classic hats. But I wouldn't know where to start, so I'm asking if anybody is in a club like this or heard of a club like this, maybe I could get some ideas or guidance.

I have a tentative name, "Fedora Overlords"

Also how cool would a fedora flash mob be?

Sam Craig

One Too Many
PJ,

Welcome to the Lounge, which will quickly become your favorite break spot, watering hole, and hat club.

I have a fellow pastor I do brunch/coffee with weekly and we always come in hats. Of course, we always go everywhere in hats.
He favors bowlers. I am a fedora man, especially the '40s crease style.

We both got hooked on bow ties this winter. I'd been wearing them occassionally for some time because I like to wear a vest in cooler temps ... must be an age thing ... and I like not having a tie stuck down the front of my vest.

We like to talk "shop" which involves faith for us.

But we also like to talk movies, hats and ties.

I use coffee with different groups as part of my ministry work and I find that it's a great asset.

Anyway, that would be my recommendation. Find a friend or two who like hats and coffee, get the two together and mix. Nothing like wearing fine hats to coffee shops to open people's eyes to the fun of dressing well!

Good luck,

Sam

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Great suggestions Sam.

I guess I forgot to qualify my question and asking about local hat clubs. Fedora Lounge of course is my favorite hat place, but sometimes it would be nice to meet some fellow hat lovers in person.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
That is the one bad part because we are so spread out. They are having fedora fest down in Tennessee in May sadly I can't make it but I bet that would be cool.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Hey guys,

It's about three hours later.
I just got back from my local "hat club" meeting.
I wasn't there all this time, of course, but I had a good time, even though there was only three of us there.

Maybe we need to try to encourage some more membership!

I think I'll work on that this year.

Sam

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PJT113, what you need is a Fedora Lounge Meetup. I see you've posted in the Midwest Meetup thread. Just keep your eyes out. You'd be surprised how much fun those kinds of things can be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran