Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else looking forward to sweater weather?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Is anyone else looking forward to cool autumnal mornings and evenings, and the chance to put on a nice thick wool sweater again?

I am longing for autumn/fall - for this pleasure, and for the colours and gentle light.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely. There's nothing better than a bright, autumn morning - one where you need a waistcoat under your jacket but also need sunglasses in your pocket, just in case.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Fall is my absolute favorite season but my enjoyment of it is always tempered by the realization that winter is near. My disdain for winter has more to do with the dearth of sunlight and lack of vegetation than the actual elements, which I often find invigorating.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Fall is my absolute favorite season but my enjoyment of it is always tempered by the realization that winter is near. My disdain for winter has more to do with the dearth of sunlight and lack of vegetation than the actual elements, which I often find invigorating.

You could have gone all day without mentioning the "W" word.

DamianM

Vendor
Hollywood? Please. Sun rises late and sets past noon during our winters. We get no sun while temperatures reach the extremes and snow blocks communication.

Winter is coming.

LOL

There is no winter here in LA it gets slightly fresh but not -30 degrees not even 50 degrees on most occasions.
When you have witnessed -30 degrees then you can see that winter in LA is a joke to be considered a winter.

Metatron

One Too Many

Agreed. I do not like waking up to a morning with no sunlight!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Up here in North Derbyshire if you get cloud you can go for days with virtually nothing but dim grey light, the seasons of the short days are a real grind, however I do look forward to a dip in temperatures(4c is about average in winter with dips to -13c not unheard of) though not the snow & ice that often comes with it!.....I do look forward to breaking out the tweeds, overcoats, proper shoes and hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters