Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever heard of this line of skirt?

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Ladies, a colleague of mine needs your help. She is wearing a vintage skirt, but knows nothing about it. The item is knee-length (she's about 5-foot-9), made of yellow wool with a light herringbone weave. The label: "Ballantyne of Peebles." Any information?

Kim_B

Practically Family
Hmm...a quick Google search returns lots of eBay and other listings for cashmere clothing. The name "Ballantyne" is associated with a manufacturing company of cashmere, and I imagine "Peebles" is the particular location of the shop or manufacturing site this garment was made. I'm not sure if this will help at all, but I managed to find this link:
http://www.ballantyne-cashmere.co.uk/

I'm not feeling motivated to work - this was much more fun to research instead :)

Caledonia

Practically Family
I don't live that far from Peebles. I'll check out Ballantynes current status next time I'm through and give you an update. :)

GOK

One Too Many
Caledonia said:
I don't live that far from Peebles. I'll check out Ballantynes current status next time I'm through and give you an update. :)

:eek:fftopic: Do you ever nip along to Traquair? My ex BIL and his wife are really good chums with the lady laird there (who is lovely). I used to be rather partial to Traquair ale - ever tried it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters