Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here have a Mail Ordered Bride?

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
There is a guy around here that has done the Mail Order Bride business, and I am wondering anyone here have a Russian babe? ;)

I've heard there are layers in New York that specialize in Mail Order Brides and your Protection, it really sounds like FUN living in a different country for several months, and learn a new language, anyone here has done it?[huh]

JazzBaby

Practically Family
$4,000 eh?

I may have neglected to mention this earlier, but I'm actually Russian...

Viola

Call Me a Cab
In a curmudgeonly mood, my younger brother said he was going to see if he could use me as a trade-in. :p

-Viola

S

Samsa

JazzBaby said:
$4,000 eh?

I may have neglected to mention this earlier, but I'm actually Russian...

And here I was imagining you with a nice Galway accent.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Samsa said:
And here I was imagining you with a nice Galway accent.

Ah, faith and begorra Batman! Still though, I can be Russian for $4,000.

Great av by the way!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
gpwpat said:
how much is the postage to return? I mean if they send you the wrong model? or if she is defective? lol

What if she get's lost in the post? She could end up in a mail sack somewhere for years?!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Love finds people in all sorts of ways...

The words "Mail Order Bride" is rather emotive and has a rather derogatory tinge to it and no doubt is a 'snappy quip' penned by some newspaper journalist or sub editor at some time in the past to highlight this business when it hit the stage!.
But don't be thinking that this is like a tool-kit or an Ebay item you order through the post.

We are talking about living, breathing, thinking, ordinary people, like you and I, who believe that having love in our lives and someone to share it with, will enhance our lives that little bit more. And we are talking about people of all colours, genders, creed, nationalities...etc. I actually think it is a modern response to an age old problem...how do I find my life long partner to share my years with? and now with technology allowing us to communicate with the touch of a button, or the world becoming smaller as more of us fly around, well...this is using technology to help solve that age old problem of finding Mr/Mrs Right!

But the actual idea and concept of putting people in touch who are looking for love, is a great one. Sadly, there is still that element of 'lady luck' and 'lottery' involved, but isn't that just called 'LIFE!'

After all...people find love in all places.....over the internet (hasn't love been found via our very own club here between members), through bumping into someone in the most mundane of places doing the most ordinary of tasks (ie: weekly shopping in the supermarket with your trolley!!); from getting to know the nice girl or guy at the library or falling for a colleague at work or a nice person you just 'click' with at a dinner party. There are too many ways to list how love finds us.

So the idea of paying a company to organise your meeting someone half way across the world who is lonely and looking for their right life partner, doesn't seem so extraordinary...you have as much chance finding the right person this way, as you do any other way that life throws at you. And it is probably in a more safe, secure and controlled way for all parties involved.

matei

One Too Many
Legal Concepts said:
There is a guy around here that has done the Mail Order Bride business, and I am wondering anyone here have a Russian babe? ;)

Some might take offence there. Not all of these women that are involved in this business are Russians.

Feraud

Bartender
This is one of the stranger posts on the Lounge..

Mail Order, blind date, or meeting through an internet forum. What is the real difference other than what our narrow perspective considers "proper".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy