Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?

Blackjack

One Too Many
IMAG0311.jpg IMAG0312.jpg IMAG0313.jpg IMAG0315.jpg

Man that thing looks nice. I may get after one myself after all the Christmas dust settles. You cannot beat the price.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Lovely hat Blackjack!

I've been tentatively wearing my first fedora over the last couple of weeks (crushable Jaxon C crown) and feel ready to go for a nicer fur-felt model now. I came across the D'Aquino hats on Etsy, so I'm glad to see that they get the FL seal of approval. I was planning on buying a vintage hat, but they are mainly in the U.S. and the import duties to the UK make it quite expensive, so D'Aquino look like a steal!

I can't quite tell from the picture, but did you ask for no edge binding?

I'm thinking of going for Dove Grey with a medium grey ribbon, or possibly a Navy ribbon?

Nick.

Last edited:

Aether

One of the Regulars
I've just ordered one of the light grey fur felt fedoras - Luisa stated that it should be about 8 days until it's dispatched. I've asked for a Mid-grey ribbon and edge trimming. I'll post up some pictures when it arrives!

pnbarber

New in Town
I'm thinking about placing an order too. I'll be watching for the photos and your thoughts.

I've just ordered one of the light grey fur felt fedoras - Luisa stated that it should be about 8 days until it's dispatched. I've asked for a Mid-grey ribbon and edge trimming. I'll post up some pictures when it arrives!

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Anyone else take the plunge?
I ordered a dark gray copy of the garrison Raiders Travel shape in Size 8 1/8! Only compromise was with the brim...she couldn't do the 2 7/8" dimensional, so we went with 2 1/2" all around. Cost was $97.11 with postage, scheduled to by Feb 6. Seems like a no-brainer based on comments above and off forum conversation with another member. This purchase will hopefully quell the fever while waiting for my spots to come up with FP and NW.
Will post pics after receipt.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
If anyone else here has bought from D'aquino, it would be great to see some photos or get some feedback. I'm thinking about taking the plunge myself.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Mine shipped yesterday, so hopefully it should be arriving shortly. I'll get the pics up as soon as it lands.

Aether

One of the Regulars
I had an email about a week ago from Luisa apologising for the delay and saying she was a bit overwhelmed with orders and was running behind. I'm not surprised she's busy though, a custom fur-felt hat for £50!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo