Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?

Blackjack

One Too Many
Ah, that is one fine looking hat and it suits you well. I, too, had a good experience dealing with Luisa on a fedora I treasure, and I am glad to know that you did as well.

I've ordered I think three from her, This one being my favorite, but...Im already thinking up the next movie hat I'd like her to tackle :)

View attachment 193898 Just received another hat from D'Aquino. I don't really know any issues anyone has had but my experience has been all positive. I wanted a western fedora based on Pierce Brosnans in the netflix series The Son. I asked Luisa to make it in a medium grey with a 3" pencil curled brim. A 5" straight crown with a ribbon matching the felt. I was a little leary how it was going to be but she did not disappoint, it is beautiful, my new favorite hat! The closest I have seen to this is a 500.00 Watson so I am thrilled to say the least. bravo Luisa!!
View attachment 193894 View attachment 193895 View attachment 193897
How does the beaver felt stack up? I am liking this hat a lot and considering ordering it but have not seen or touched a Fepsa beaver.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Well, I have given up on Luisa at Daquino. She responded to my initial inquiry and said she would check with FEPSA to see what colours they had available but NEVER heard back from her. That was over a month ago. Guess she is busy and doesn't need my business.
I couldn't even find their Etsy store. Are they still around?

Disregard, found it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, I have given up on Luisa at Daquino. She responded to my initial inquiry and said she would check with FEPSA to see what colours they had available but NEVER heard back from her. That was over a month ago. Guess she is busy and doesn't need my business.

You’ve got to give it to them: they are consistent with their quality of customer service. :(

Sorry this didn’t work out. I’m going to email Agnoulita and ask where he is with FEPSA. I’ll let you know when/if I hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’ve got to give it to them: they are consistent with their quality of customer service. :(

Sorry this didn’t work out. I’m going to email Agnoulita and ask where he is with FEPSA. I’ll let you know when/if I hear back.

Thanks, Agnoulita has some Fepsa beaver bodies but too small to produce a decent brim. Waiting for Hufvud to get in his 50/50 Fepsa bodies in new colours….BUT it is not 100% beaver and that is what I really want.

Thanks, Agnoulita has some Fepsa beaver bodies but too small to produce a decent brim. Waiting for Hufvud to get in his 50/50 Fepsa bodies in new colours….BUT it is not 100% beaver and that is what I really want.

I too want the 100% beaver, but the video of the 50/50 looks very nice. I’d try the 50/50 if I could find the right color, but then I’d also still be looking for a 100% too.

Hufvud? Do tell my friend. Never heard of them before, I think. Is that the Agnoulita folks?

Hufvud is a hatter from Sweden. He does very good looking work. There's a thread about him here:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hufvud-hatmaker-lund-sweden.93584/

And he's got his own website of course:
https://www.hufvud.com/

I don't own one of his hats, but I certainly like the look of them.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I looked at their Etsy store and she has some nice looking hats. For $125.00 Rabbit, that's not a bad price, in my humble opinion.

But to me customer service is such a big deal[emoji31]

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I too want the 100% beaver, but the video of the 50/50 looks very nice. I’d try the 50/50 if I could find the right color, but then I’d also still be looking for a 100% too.

I am interested in the Oxblood but I expressed a concern that it may be too red. Hufvud agreed he had the same concern. So I await the pics he will load to his website when he gets them in. And yeh, it doesn't solve the 100% issue does it????

Blackjack

One Too Many
I finally got a hat I wasn't at all happy with from Luisa. I think I've ordered 4 from her and was happy with all of them but this last one just had a "crooked" feel to it if that makes sense. That and I always make sure the crown is straight no taper, this one came tapered. Now to her credit I sent her a message how disappointed I was in the last one and she offered to make me a different hat, I thought that was really decent, unfortunately, never heard from her again. :-(

I finally got a hat I wasn't at all happy with from Luisa. I think I've ordered 4 from her and was happy with all of them but this last one just had a "crooked" feel to it if that makes sense. That and I always make sure the crown is straight no taper, this one came tapered. Now to her credit I sent her a message how disappointed I was in the last one and she offered to make me a different hat, I thought that was really decent, unfortunately, never heard from her again. :-(
I tried to order and we started off cordial but I asked a question and never heard from her again. We have a trend developing here.

My story is very similar...except I only ordered two hats. I won’t even consider her for another.

I was generally happy with her for the two hats I got. But then I bought a Gannon..

The two I did buy I tore down and rebuilt, but for a beginner "custom," I guess she's OK.

I sold one and the other I sent the Art for some work. It’s wearable now, but when I figure in original cost and shipping, shipping to VS and back, and Art’s work I could have bought a new VS or Gannon or NW, etc., and have ended up with a better hat for the same or less money. That’s what’s called false economy...or what I get for being cheap.

The hats I got from Agnoulita were better in most regards and a better value, but still lacking on the finer details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran