Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone like me?

Foofoogal

Banned
I have really started hanging out here regularly as it seems all the yahoo groups I have ever joined either fade out or get taken over by bad spammers. I am truly enjoying this place. I had left before but now I am back. :)
I love especially the display case as well as the powder room.
Ok. now to my ?

I am not only starting to wear vintage but getting obsessed lately about buying the whole shebang.
If I get a dress then I have to have the matching earrings and necklace and shoes and purse. I think it is from my memories of other ladies doing that back when.

:eek:fftopic: I have had an interesting life so far.
2 things that would surprise everyone about me is this that I think pertains somewhat to the Fedora Lounge:

1. My cousin was handpicked by Frank Lloyd Wright to study in his school.
2. I personally knew Candy Barr the stripper and she was beautiful and I was a kid then and was mesmerized. She used to play jacks with me and I even groomed her dachshunds she had. She was very, very sweet. I am now a pretty conservative lady but I did know this about her.

Went a bit off track but anyway does anyone have to have the whole outfit dressing vintage?:eek:

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Yea this place has really gotten me into wearing vintage stuff... I don't have many things but I'm starting too.

berrybuzz

One of the Regulars
I have to avoid this place when I have money! It's soooo bad for my bankbook.

I can live without a completed outfit, but I don't stop looking for things to 'complete' it.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Oh yes, this place is kinda bad for me. lol Especially since this is now the slow working season, and I am hesitant to go to the naughty "C" word world.
Since I have discovered it, now when I hit the thrift shops, besides looking for seasonal clothes that are in good shape that my kids are going to out grow quickly (friggin growth spurts grrr) I keep my eye open for vintage or vintage inspired clothing and accessories. But since usually I stay within a close perimater to my house the thrift stores are clearance stores so they aren't to terrable to the bank book.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's kind of bad for me, in that I see someone posting something, and I have to find something like it. Stranger for me, I don't dress vintage every day. I add little vintage touches to a modern outfit, like earrings or a bakelite bangle. But for the most part my friends and family would consider me a preppy. I'm really into pretty patterned or floral skirts with matching sweater sets, and I have an addiction to wide leg linen pants and tight t shirts. But most of the time I wear sundresses in the summer with sandals or flip flops. I really only get all dolled up if I'm going to an event or going out for a fancy dinner. It's just not my thing to do it every day. But, more power to ya if you do. I guess my style is more classic, but not every day vintage.

Nashoba

One Too Many
I am finding that I'm spending more time here. Although I have found that mostly it's late at night when I can't sleep. TCM and The Fedora Lounge....my saving graces for passing those long hours between dusk and dawn. I suppose when the hubby comes home I'll be around a little less but until then...I suppose I'll be haunting the hallways of the lounge :)

Foofoogal

Banned
HTML:
If I get a dress then I have to have the matching earrings and necklace and shoes and purse.

I do mix and match vintage and old but it has to match is what I meant. lol

Mildred

New in Town
mix and match

I like to have the matching earrings and necklace too. I do the whole thing shoes, hats, dresses and gloves. I don't have too much modern clothes anymore except for some lingerie and my one piece black bathing suits. And some modern boots. I have been collecting for a long time back when it was cheaper. ( I and dear hubby have spent all our money on vintage stuff.) It started when I was in Jr. High, my packrat Mother who kept all of her clothes from the 1940's and 1950's dressed me in a 1940's outfit for a party. A beret, cigarette holder, a black off the shoulder blouse and pencil skirt. 1940's Black high heels. I was hooked. From then on all I wanted was vintage clothes and that turned into a lifestyle. I feel like I do not belong in modern times. Everyone has accepted me by now which is good becasue I will always be this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR