Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone remember a Ford TV commercial in the wake of "Gatsby"?

Espee

Practically Family
After "The Great Gatsby" movie was released (1974) there was a TV commercial which showed a good number of genteel folks of the 1920s in their mostly-white summer clothes, enjoying the afternoon at what looked to be a grand, park-like estate. (Or a grand, estate-like park.) Croquet, lemonade, etc.
Then there's a close-up of a radio set, and the "radio announcer" says something about Hurrying down to your local Ford dealer for great deals.
The return to a long shot shows they have all disappeared or are making a quick departure (I don't remember exactly.)
I know this commercial aired many, many times. I was seeing it several times a day, for weeks. I searched YouTube but I didn't find any mention-- although all I could think of for searching was "Ford Commercial Gatsby" (It had nothing to do OFFICIALLY with Gatsby, but that was the obvious inspiration.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic