Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archelogical Expedition and Camping Trip

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Anyone interested in joining a Arizona Expedition in February. The 16-19th to the lovely White Tank Mountains. Join Mojave Jack Indiana_Tone and Nick Charles as they explore the wilds of the AZ desert. Live animals, real nature hike and FIRE. Don't miss out. Here is a link to the park & a little back ground
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/white_tank/History.aspx

If you are interested please let either Jack or myself know we are currently trying to work out the logistics on gear and transportation. Other activities will be planned such as museum trips and a last night dinner.

These are tentative activities. I know not everyone is going to be able to attend all.
Friday Feb 16

Arrival, set up and settle in.

Saturday Feb 17
Downtown Phoenix,(vintage style)
Phoenix Art MUseum
Herd Museum
AZ Science Center
Dinner (to be determined)

Sunday Feb 18

Hike to the waterfall
View the pertoglyphs
Picnic Lunch

Monday Feb 19

Pack, Farewell, Bon Voyage and see ya.

Guest List

Indiana Tone-confirmed
DJones-confirmed

Matt Deckard
Mojave Jack-confirmed
Nick Charles-confirmed

Queenie
Mr. Bern (maybe)
Lauren (maybe)
Mike K (maybe)
Serial Hero (downtown)
RC Halliburton (maybe)
Strider (maybe)
DocIndyJones (maybe)
Marc Chevalier_confirmed

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Count me in. I'll probably have to hitch a ride with someone, but I'd love to go. The sooner we have dates nailed down, the sooner I can ask for those days off!

Mike K.

One Too Many
Sounds like a great idea! How much I get accomplished toward writing up this PhD dissertation will be the main factor in determining if I can go. It would certainly be a welcome getaway and a chance to meet you all (since I had to miss the QM event).
Cheers,
Mike

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
I’m not sure if I can make the camping, but I can probably meet up with everyone on Sunday.

Have you thought about posting this over on COW, maybe get a whole thing going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner