Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Carney a man of many hats

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Happy Art Carneys birthday just one day late. I think i can say without a doubt
he was a superlative hat wearer without an equal. I will give start with a few pics i found of him please feel free to add what you can find.
303l2yw.jpg

2i0q52s.jpg

2cdxs3l.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
My favorite Art Carney line was from The Honeymooners when he told Ralph's boss' butler to be careful of his hat that he'd just had it blocked. To which the butler raised an eyebrow, of course. :D

Randy

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Love the old Honeymooners show. However. In the 1980s he made a Coca Cola commercial. The one where he takes the pine cone to Rockerfeller Center with his grandson. Then they return a week or so later to find that the enormous Christmas tree has been errected just where he left the pine cone.
I tell you what. My family had always been Pepsi people, but after that I never drank another Pepsi.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
One of my favorite movies of all time is "Harry and Tonto"! I actually had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carney during a show I was working on back in 1990. He, along with Joyce Randolph and Audrey Meadows, were in attendance. It was a breathtaking moment for me. And a gentleman he was. Not just to those he had to be, but especially those that he didn't have to be - like myself.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
i found a few more this is from a sonny and cher show.
2ibdgr5.jpg

this is one from his first appearance on the honeymooners as a cop im not sure what was going on.
2m4xf9j.jpg

he seems to be struggling to keep a straight face.
and one in a bowler
30c3xoh.jpg

and one from his appearance as The Archer in the Batman TV series.
2yluxpg.jpg

there dosn't seem to be a hat he would not wear.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
One of my favorite movies of all time is "Harry and Tonto"! I actually had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carney during a show I was working on back in 1990. He, along with Joyce Randolph and Audrey Meadows, were in attendance. It was a breathtaking moment for me. And a gentleman he was. Not just to those he had to be, but especially those that he didn't have to be - like myself.
You were Mr. Lucky indeed He must of been a nice guy i haven't ever heard a bad thing about him and in Hollywood that ain't easy.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
he sure has a full head of hair in this shot, im glad you asked i need an excuse to post this pic .
xl9grb.jpg

Now thats one hella stove pipe! No wonder they called Gleason "The Abominable Showman".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80