Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Greyfox said:
:D Just talked with Art's wife. My hat is on the way to Tennessee!

Damn, last time I spoke to Art, he said it would take a month or two. I thought there would be a way around this...;) ... do you have her direct number?? :rolleyes:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Benny Holiday said:
IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Benny, Art ... A thing of beauty and a joy to behold

All I can say is ... WOW!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lloyd

A-List Customer
VS Blue Smoke

Cross posted on the eBay thread.
This Blue Smoke arrived today from an eBay auction. Not good lighting for pics but here are few. It really looks like this has never been worn before.
Still playing with the bash.

VSBlueSmokenogginshot5.jpg

VSBlueSmokeprofile4.jpg

VSBlueSmokefront2.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
daizawaguy said:
:eusa_clap Benny - I`ve seen some fine VS hats here, but this is a classic :eusa_clap
:arated: that one's a beautiful hat, Benny. So classic looking! Which model is that?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Lloyd said:
This Blue Smoke arrived today from an eBay auction.
VSBlueSmokeprofile4.jpg

Oh wow. I can see one like that in my future. And on ebay too. Wow. Atleast it is with someone that will appreciate it. Is that a tri-color bow? I'd love to know more about this one, it kinda blows my mind when I see a VS for resale. I couldn't give my up. It's like the saying "you'll have to rip it out of my dead, cold fingers.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Agreed too. I wear my silverbelly VS about four days a week. I decide I just have to wear my other hats and grab another one for the day. Then it is right back to the silverbelly! Couldn't live without it. Sell it? :eek:

It will be funny to see how much the VS hats go for on Ebay in fifty years (or whatever Ebay becomes in fifty). I don't doubt they will be highly sought after. So, lets all buy them while we can!

univibe88

One Too Many
Jabos said:
Agreed too. I wear my silverbelly VS about four days a week. I decide I just have to wear my other hats and grab another one for the day. Then it is right back to the silverbelly! Couldn't live without it. Sell it? :eek:

It will be funny to see how much the VS hats go for on Ebay in fifty years (or whatever Ebay becomes in fifty). I don't doubt they will be highly sought after. So, lets all buy them while we can!

I can see the listing now:

Now that fur has been completely outlawed you can't buy a new beaver hat. Here is your chance to own one of the last examples of a pure beaver hat - made by the LEGEND Art Fawcett.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Someone mentioned there was one of my hats on Ebay but I couldn't find it in a few quick searches. I always worry about it when this happens like..geeze..did it not fit? I'm glad you have it Lloyd, I know it's gone to a good home. :D
And Bart, sorry but I've now reached the point where I can't remember the hat so it looks like it might be tri-toned but..Lloyd will have to tell. I honestly don't remember the hat.
ok..off to the store for depends...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Lloyd said:
Cross posted on the eBay thread.
This Blue Smoke arrived today from an eBay auction. Not good lighting for pics but here are few. It really looks like this has never been worn before.
Still playing with the bash.

I saw this one, and I'm glad it went to a Lounger. Looks great on you. A classic Art Fawcett for sure. Whoever sold it is definitely the loser.

What are the dimensions?

HungaryTom

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Agreed...how could I ever part with this beauty...

Jan2010033.jpg

Daizawaguy,

You are right.
This hat is snowflake.
Beautiful photograph.
Arts hats are to be kept not to be traded away.
Congratulations both for the hat and the picture.
All the pictures.

Tom

Lloyd

A-List Customer
ebay Blue Smoke

As requested here are the specs
2 3/4" brim, 5 1/2" crown, 1 1/2" ribbon
And it's a bi-color bow. The outer edges match the main ribbon with a lighter band in the middle.
Seems to be fuller in the body than my other one but that may just be the brim. It certainly is a big hat lol

VSBlueSmokeprofile4.jpg

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap Just checked the tracking info on my first ever work of Art and it is in town!!! Can't wait to get off work and put my hands on it.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn