Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

indycop

I'll Lock Up
pgoat said:
I not only Peeked, I tried on and loved every minute of it!:D

I'm also already planning my next hat buy...tho I will have to recover financially from the holidays - what else is new??? I'm busted through Feb. at least.

Hey - in the last 15 yrs I quit smoking, caffiene (for the most part), drinking (well... kind of) and .... well, that's it (now if they could just invent an alternative to food!!). Leave me one vice, dagnabbit!!!

Compulsive shopping, I be thine!
Food:eusa_doh: , we spend more on food than anything else! And I don't mean at the grocery store!
I want a dark moss fom Art next! (Army hat!:rolleyes: )

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words and the interest.

Hat dimensions:size 7 5/8, crown is 14 cm tall, ribbon 5cm wide, the brim is 6,5 cm.
I post some photos of the hat as requested:

Side view:
VSArtFawcettLeDouanier02.jpg

Seen from above:
VSArtFawcettLeDouanier03.jpg

Front view:
VSArtFawcettLeDouanier19.jpg

Inside view:
VSArtFawcettLeDouanier18.jpg

I did not specify anything with this hat other than Eddie G style. I left up details (dimensions, colors, ribbon treatment, weight of the hat body, simply everything) to Art, since I thought it would be quite odd to remote control and/or instruct Mr. Art Fawcett by me.

If I knew it better than Art - I would have not 'pilgrim' to Eagle Point/Oregon from Budapest but simply would have done the hat myself @home. And I have a custom hatter in Budapest, still I did ask Art!

Seeing the quality of Art was the guarantee for me to get an exceptionally elegant dress hat instead of a vulgaire, effeminate or a simple pimp hat - the path is quite narrow with this light ivory color...

You could see some nice originals of this model on some B/W photos like the shop window pictures kindly posted by Mr. Chevalier here at FL, so this style was not only worn by Al Capone, Don Fanucci, and one of the victims of the St. Valentine's day Massacre.

***​

I read somewhere Art's post that he has a collection of 1200+ hats. This can be seen on the grade of his mastery: all artists use a lot of examples, writers turn their homes into libraries, painters collect art books and paintings of others, etc. This is how I did not wonder about the Fawcett home turned into a hat collection - this is essential. This is how he can turn out, reproduce and alter ANY hat style with this safety. Thanks to Ms. Janene Fawcett as well, since behind any great artist there is a loving woman!

Regards:

Tom

duggap

Banned
Thanks folks, this has been a helpful post. As much as I love Art's hats, I have to admit it is a little tough to make a selection from limited pictures. After looking at all these pictures I will definitely add a Route 66 to my collection of Art hats (I have five now). That sage color looks sooooo cool.:eusa_clap

pgoat

One Too Many
duggap said:
Thanks folks, this has been a helpful post. As much as I love Art's hats, I have to admit it is a little tough to make a selection from limited pictures. After looking at all these pictures I will definitely add a Route 66 to my collection of Art hats (I have five now). That sage color looks sooooo cool.:eusa_clap

Yep, I think that's my next one as well. Thanks for the pics!!!:)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Food:eusa_doh: , we spend more on food than anything else! And I don't mean at the grocery store!
I want a dark moss fom Art next! (Army hat!:rolleyes: )

IC...please tell me you're not getting anything with a camo ribbon!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D Deelovely...stop him!:eek: :eek: :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
IC...please tell me you're not getting anything with a camo ribbon!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D Deelovely...stop him!:eek: :eek: :D
The new digital ACU pattern!:D You know I wore green before I wore blue! Hoowah!!
Just Kidding! No I really like the dark moss on Art's site and want something in that color.:)

Jerekson

One Too Many
I'm determined to get one of these masterpieces eventually.

Until then, I'm stocking up on reference pictures...

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Indy, Bob,

I am gflad that you have finally made the display of your VS hats here at the hall of fame.

Great ones.

Tom

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HungaryTom said:
Indy, Bob,

I am gflad that you have finally made the display of your VS hats here at the hall of fame.

Great ones.

Tom
I plan to add another to it in the next few months as well as an Art blocked panama from Panamabob!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy