Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

animator

One of the Regulars
Yeah, sorry for double posting pictures. Someone asked me to post the hat here for reference sake.

It gets hard to narrow down your favorite when there are so many Artful possibilities.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
animator said:
Yeah, sorry for double posting pictures. Someone asked me to post the hat here for reference sake.

It gets hard to narrow down your favorite when there are so many Artful possibilities.

No worries, Animator. A lot of us do that from time to time! You Bogie is definitely worth a post in Art's H.O.F. as well as the new hats thread.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
animator said:

Probably me, and I stand by it. Thanks for posting it here; no need to apologize. Having pics of as many of Art's hats in one thread is great resource.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
That lining is awesome

br_sig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This deep blue wonder with the signature...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :

The outside details of the hat are not less spectacular.

Here I am wearing his Wall Street - also a great hat.
VSArtFawcettWallstreet17.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Here I am wearing his Wall Street - also a great hat.
VSArtFawcettWallstreet17.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Tom...a beautiful hat set against beautiful scenery!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Something else...I've noticed Art's website (the client gallery) has changed. I think many of the images posted here should be on his site. Maybe Art can have his web designer browse the images here and put them up on his site...Now that would be a "client" gallery!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Big Man

Well, when I came in to work this morning and fired up the computer in my in-box was "the e-mail" from Art. My hat is ready and will go out in today's mail. :eusa_clap

tbiggs

New in Town
Happy guy enjoying a new Art Fawcett La Salle

Here is a quick snap of me enjoying Art Fawcett’s La Salle which I received in the office two days ago. This is my first time doing business with Art who I learned about at the Fedora Lounge. I must say that Art is both a gentleman and knows his craft. The hat is absolutely beautiful and doing business with Art was a pleasure from start to finish.

Tom

url]

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Great hat

I have not seen the La Salle before but I must say this is really a great looking hat.

Congratulations to the wearer and maker!

Regards:

Tom

AlanC

I can't seem to open the picture link, tibiggs. All I get is not found. I'm sure someone with such a fine avatar would have a hat to match it, though.

Big Man

My first Art Fawcett hat arrived ...

Well, my new hat from art Fawcett finally arrived - and it's great. I wanted a hat like the one my grandfather had in a picture taken at the Brown family reunion in 1928. The only picture I had was one where my grandfather was standing with his brothers, and he was holding his hat. While the photo didn't really give much to go on, Art nevertheless worked his magic and came up with what I feel is as close as I could get to the same kind of hat that my grandfather had in 1928.

For reference, here is the picture of my grandfather in 1928:

1928Brothers.jpg

And here is the hat Art made:

DSC02581.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02570-1.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

The hat is in Art's "blue smoke" color, which is a light to medium gray. It has a 5 7/8" crown, 2 3/4" brim, with a 2 9/16" ribbon. The size is a 7 5/8 extra long oval, and it fits like a glove.

I can't say enough how very well pleased I am with this hat. If a hat from Art needs to have a name, I guess I'll call this one the "1928 Reunion".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn