Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Rabbit; Perhaps my memory is at error this morning. I believed it was a hat of yours that I recalled seeing the gray/silver ribbon. Apologies. I will have to look over some pics I have saved on my computer to confirm where I have seen the ribbon.

Here is a side shot of the hat/ribbon that better shows the colors.

IMG1133-L.jpg

Eric -

Late edit to the post; Interesting when looking at the above pic to see that not all of the oak leaves have fallen from the conifer trees in our recent big winds.

Very nice, does it have a raw edge or underwelt?

winter_joe

A-List Customer
Hello fellow loungers made my first plunge and am waiting for my hat to arrive today or tomorrow. Its the art last man fedora with a modified brim for a big guy like me. I had him make it with a 2 3/4 brim instead of 2 1/4! Ill post pics when it arrives. And I thank you again art for making me this fine lid!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Link; Thanks man. I love the light weight felt. BTW; I am still thinking about your recent hat.

Perry; Thanks sir.

David; Glad to join the Fawcett Weston Club. The clean lines of the hat just are very visually enticing. I have worn it with a sport jacket, polo shirt, fleece and barracuta so far. Looked sharp and made me feel like a million bucks wearing it. The light weight felt dissapears on your head.

Randall; Retirement? People reitre?

Ale; Thanks for answering the query about the hat having an underwelt. This is my first underwelt. I like the clean look. The welt does change the hat brim. It does not have the familiar snap of the bound edge when I pick the hat up and adjust the front brim. The welted edge just goes to the "hinged point" quietly without effort. Some of that I am positive is the light weight felt. Truly a "feather weight" of the felt hat world.

Other Art hat owners will have to comment as to their experience and knowledge of the underwelt wearing and specifics.

Seabass; Thanks sir. Mine is certainly the fair colored version of your darker light weight Art Fawcett Hats.

Winterjoe; Congrats sir. I am excited for you sir. An exciting day is openng up that new black hat box.

Jeff; Thanks for the thumbs up sir. When you wander over to the Twin Cities area we will have to get together and compare hats as your new hat is truly a looker.

Thanks Art Fawvett as I love the hat. The hat should get lots of wear when the weather becomes warmer. Just north of us in MN. we got 11 inches of snow this past weekend. Winter is not over til it is over.

Bundled today torn between enjoying the last MN cooler spell and wishing for warmer weather and the yard chores it brings, Eric -

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Wow Robert, what an awesome ribbon bow design! Great proportions and ribbon choice, too!

Eric-- my lord that is a sharp hat!

Rabbit, just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying your "natural habitat" photos lately!

Thanks man, glad you like 'em!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Robert, AMAZING!! I was literally looking at this ad last week:

knox_strawfelt_apr_1915.jpg

I was going to contact Art and have him copy the hat in the ad exactly. Looks like you had the same idea ;)

That copy of the 1915 Knox is not only a dead ringer, its my favorite out of all the Art Duplex's so far.

Absolutely incredible looking hat!! Now I MUST have one made.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
What fantastic hats to celebrate the 600 or so page! Well selected RLK!! And hats off to Art on his wonderful work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland