Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Gents, he is my 6th grandchild ( ranging from 22 yrs to 14 hours) and as long as I don't have to do diapers I'm a happy camper. Also, this means the wife will be coming home in a week or so..thank goodness, I won't have to continue eating my own cooking:rolleyes:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Small packages and BIG blessings.

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks Gents, he is my 6th grandchild ( ranging from 22 yrs to 14 hours) and as long as I don't have to do diapers I'm a happy camper. Also, this means the wife will be coming home in a week or so..thank goodness, I won't have to continue eating my own cooking:rolleyes:

Gettin' tired of beans my friend? :rolleyes:

Congratulations and welcome Tristan Meyer! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Do you think there's a fedora or two in his future!
:)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
:eek: :eek:
NOW...for MY big news of the day. My family gained another male member early this morning, as my newest grandson was born screaming and hungry..just like PopPop..:D Name? Tristan Meyer & I couldn't be more tickled.
Congratulations Art!...Great news!

Art Fawcett said:

Diapers build character. [huh] Riiiiggghhht. If that were the case, I would be a rather large character. :p
Tired of eating steak and potatoes every day? ;) :p

carter

I'll Lock Up
Art featured in "A Suitable Wardrobe" Mon. Oct. 6

Monday, October 6, 2008
The Season's Hat

Brown+Cavalier+side.JPG

It's felt season once again, and this season's hat is Art Fawcett's version of a cavalier model in lightweight brown beaver felt. The cavaliers I'd seen in old Apparel Arts illustrations were small floppy hats, and, sure enough, Art's implementation is a smaller-than-his-usual-scale fedora with an unbound brim that should curl nicely over time.

Walking down the street doesn't really call for a hat unless there's a light rain in the forecast (as there was last week) but they are also very handy in an open topped car. I have probably written before that when the sun's high in the sky a hat brim is better than sunglasses for shading the eyes. And when the fog precipitates raindrops, beaver holds up better than other felts.

Like the rest of the day's clothes, hats should be compatible with but not match, and a wardrobe with brown, blue, gray and black hats gives a man the variety he needs to not match in any situation. On the day of the photo I was not matching my chestnut shoes.

And that's the hat for the season.

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art Fawcett said:
BobC, I know it went out on today's truck (talked to Pearl, the only driver) so your's may arrive on Friday with any luck.

I have the day off today, so this morning I watched like a hawk for the postman to come by. He stopped in front of our house to put mail in the box but didn't get out of his truck, so I was sure he didn't have Art's hat for me. Next, he drove up the street and made some other stops and TURNED AROUND AND CAME BACK. Of course, I thought he had overlooked the box of wonder I am waiting for, but instead HE DROVE RIGHT PAST OUR HOUSE. :eek: :rolleyes: No hat today. Bummer!

AlanC

BobC said:
I have the day off today, so this morning I watched like a hawk for the postman to come by. He stopped in front of our house to put mail in the box but didn't get out of his truck, so I was sure he didn't have Art's hat for me. Next, he drove up the street and made some other stops and TURNED AROUND AND CAME BACK. Of course, I thought he had overlooked the box of wonder I am waiting for, but instead HE DROVE RIGHT PAST OUR HOUSE. :eek: :rolleyes: No hat today. Bummer!

Or maybe he happens to wear the same size...

;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Ihave this image of clark griswold waiting for the mail clerk to deliver his bonus when he says he must have missed it.:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
:) Bob, Perhaps you should place a leg lamp in your window and keep it lit night and day until the Hat Truck arrives. ;)
You'll shoot yer eye out kid!

Bob at least it doesn't have to sit under the tree til Christmas. Unless Mrs. Bob figures out how many hats you have coming in!

BobC

AlanC said:
Or maybe he happens to wear the same size...

;)

Thanks you, Alan. I didn't notice him wearing a hat. I think it was a post office baseball cap. :eusa_doh:

Indycop said:
I have this image of clark griswold waiting for the mail clerk to deliver his bonus when he says he must have missed it.

Clark Griswold? Thanks, buddy. :rolleyes:

Clark

BobC

carter said:
:) Bob, Perhaps you should place a leg lamp in your window and keep it lit night and day until the Hat Truck arrives. ;)

I NEED a leg lamp. Those are the coolest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic