Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Overwelt & Deep Diamond
232323232%7Ffp63599%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3563883%3A4634%3Bnu0mrj

Very nice, Che. The silverbelly felt does work well with deep burgundy.
Is the crown higher than 5.5"?
My VS Dove w/ 19 L black (below) has a 5 3/4" crown with deep diamond crease.

P1060344post.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
ART-LITE Arrived :cool:
232323232%7Ffp6354%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3563883%3A4834%3Bnu0mrj

I Like It ! :cool:

That is spectacular. I must echo the sentiments that the ribbon work, vent holes and felt is truly stunning and classic. Your hat makes my top 10 VS hats! I have to be carefull saying that as every hat you work out with Art seems to make a list of mine!

Che this is a GREAT hat! Sharp and classy! You can wear that baby anywhere.

Ooooo-la-la, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I wish to join the Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouette Silverbelly Club! Please consider my application.

Application requirments:

Newly arrived VS Executive in silverbelly felt. The ribbon work and bound edge are a matching color. Folks who have been following this thread recognize that this hat follows the same inspiration as my bluesmoke felt colored VS. Inspired by my vintage Adams Executive fedoras. Check out what I believe is a handsome and stately fedora.

IMG2470-L.jpg

Zooming in closer;
IMG2466-M.jpg

Even closer;
IMG2471-M.jpg

I am pressed for time this afternoon. Completed gymnastic practices and off to a quick meeting and then meeting my wfe for a "date night." It is her birthday later this coming week and I have to go pick up my gift to her at the jewelers. The gift will be given at our "date night dinner." I have already arranged for my guitar to be at the resturaunt and an opportunity for me to retire and appear as the evening entertainment to sing and play for my wife. I hope I will be good entertainment. My VS hat will be my head attire for the occasion. I will post up pics and additional info later.

I am crossing my fingers for my membership to the Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouette Silverbelly Club. I hope to get one of those membership cards and very cool VS Hat decoder rings that is granted to special members.

:cool:

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Nice to see your VS tree flowering again, Eric. The Winchester Silverbelly is such a lovely felt dye. I imagine the felt/ribbon combination goes well with presenting jewelry, too; the hat itself looks like a jewel.

Edit: I've just seen the purple liner in the WHAYWT thread. Excellent choice, my compliments to you.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful sliverbelly Eric, congrats. Hey your already a featured official "Silhouette" on Art's site so don't think there's any question of your VS stature. Your "date night" already sounds like a success too. Cheers!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow, fantastic VS hats, Che and Eric - both your new arrivals are outstanding.

Add me to the list of fans of the Winchester Silverbelly colour. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of hats in this felt (the regular weight, not the lightweight), one from Art and one from TonyB.

Eric, I love how you and Art have recreated the Adam Executive with your last two hats. One of the coolest ribbon designs out there!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Eric, my friend- Another terrific hat! What a creamy color to the felt, and such a striking ribbon treatment- Very nice!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
ERIC I WANT IN ! :)[QUOTE; I am crossing my fingers for my membership to the Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouette Silverbelly Club. I hope to get one of those membership cards and very cool VS Hat decoder rings that is granted to special members. QUOTE]:)

SBG you will sweep her off her feet with your Serenade on DateNite wearing your VS Silverbelly in a Executive Way !

All you Guys are great ! & a huge inspiration Indeed. I am glad you enjoy the Art-Lite. I feel i have a go-for hat here & Thank you Art !:)
I feel like i won a trophy with all your great comments.:)
Rabbit the crown is 5'' at it's tallest point nice straight sides & 1 1/2'' Deep at the bash, yea deep-dish ! the brim is slightly over 2 1/4'' & Art Knows i like the brim up so its pretty sturdy & the felt is nice very nice !
232323232%7Ffp6355%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3563883%3A7334%3Bnu0mrj

color will be easy to wear with anything.
232323232%7Ffp635%3A5%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3563883%3A7734%3Bnu0mrj

See with a vintage Bolo the Silverbelly can have that casual western look even with the thick ribbon.
232323232%7Ffp63582%3Enu%3D3563%3E6%3B4%3E%3A%3B8%3E26546%3B4%3B%3A925%3Aot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp635%3C5%3Enu%3D3563%3E6%3B4%3E%3A%3B4%3E26546%3B4%3B%3A525%3Aot1lsi

suddenly i have the urge to play the guitar & harmonica.:cool:

Landman

One Too Many
Che and Eric,

Beautiful hats! I'm fortunate to have two in Silverbelly from Art. One is dress weight and the other is lightweight. Even though the heat has been awful here I've actually been wearing the lightweight some. The felt on it is incredible.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Landman
i now have 4/5? Art-Lites.. ive took em out in 80 degrees well the Sahara color i can do Silverbelly easy now...say In Texas Silverbelly probably has handled some hot days.
too hot up here this time of year for a nice hat lately...

Landman

One Too Many
Che,

It's been over a 100 here everyday. I don't wear it during the day but I've been wearing my VS Lightweight Silverbelly in the evenings.

Below are some very poor pictures of my beautiful lightweight Silverbelly. It has a 2 3/4" brim and a 5/8" Open Road style ribbon with a bound edge. I put a low front (4 1/4") Diamond Crease in it. The liner is not sewed in so I can remove it when it is hot and put it back in when it is cooler. Thanks Art!

VS_Artlite_300003.jpg

VS_Artlite_300004.jpg

VS_Artlite_300007.jpg

VS_Artlite_300013.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Here are a couple of noggin shots of it in a Cattleman's Crease. Please excuse the t-shirt. That is certainly not proper attire for such a beautiful hat! I was just playing around with the hat when I first got it and wasn't planning on going out in public dressed that way.

VS_Artlite_400100.jpg

VS_Artlite_400101.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn