Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Looks like I`ll be calling in sick from work tomorrow...

handlebar bart said:
The next two days are going to be rough. I think we should start a support group for the guys that are waiting for a VS to show up in the mail. When I got my first I skipped work the day it was due to arrive and then chased the mailman down the street in my truck when I didn't hear the doorbell ring. .

Into Foreign Customs, November 08, 2008, 11:22 am, JAPAN
Into Foreign Customs, November 08, 2008, 2:41 am, JAPAN
Arrived Abroad, November 08, 2008, 2:40 am, JAPAN
International Dispatch, November 06, 2008, 1:39 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 03, 2008
Shipment Accepted; November 03, 2008, 11:21 am, BUTTE FALLS, OR 97522

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Siverbelly?

handlebar bart said:
Great lids guys, I especially like the midnight blue, but you guys aren't making my wait any easier:rage:

2 1/4 brim? blue ribbons? blue lining? Bart..........are you SLEEPING, or awake with impatience...!?

photos within 10 min of the box being opened pls...!!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Into Foreign Customs, November 08, 2008, 11:22 am, JAPAN
Into Foreign Customs, November 08, 2008, 2:41 am, JAPAN
Arrived Abroad, November 08, 2008, 2:40 am, JAPAN
International Dispatch, November 06, 2008, 1:39 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 03, 2008
Shipment Accepted; November 03, 2008, 11:21 am, BUTTE FALLS, OR 97522

You lucky dog:) , I can't wait for my name to get to the top of the list. I know I said I could wait patiently, but it is getting really hard to do so. What color is the hat D?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Only a hint....on a color mix, it would be green/red/yellow...what does that result in!? And in the ribbon is a color mix of red and blue (hint=purple)........or so I am told.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Ok daizawaguy...any chance of getting shots of this new work of Art on your head in daylight?:eusa_clap ...Or are you out battling crime at night?...:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
P1010087.jpg

Both crafted this summer.:D by Art Fawcett.
I have a felt version coming to me in the mail as we speak. Hopefully, I'll get it Monday.

Just a little side note on these hats. I originally sent Art an ad from Arturo Fuente Cigars and had Art make these hats. Well, yesterday I was at Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke Event in Las Vegas and I was wearing this hat. I went up to the Arturo Fuente Cigar Booth and Carlos Fuente was there. He looked up, saw the hat and said; "what a beautiful hat" I laughed and told him; "do you recognize it? I had it copied off of that ad behind you".lol

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
Just a little side note on these hats. I originally sent Art an ad from Arturo Fuente Cigars and had Art make this hat. Well, yesterday I was at Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke Event in Las Vegas and I was wearing this hat. I went up to the Arturo Fuente Cigar Booth and Carlos Fuente was there. He looked up, saw the hat and said; "what a beautiful hat" I laughed and told him; "do you recognize it? I had it copied off of that ad behind you".lol

Lincsong,

Nice story - the hat really matches the original style. No wonder that you got the compliment. Also, it has been a really generous gesture to give such a high quality gift hat to your dad!

Tom

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
Just a little side note on these hats. I originally sent Art an ad from Arturo Fuente Cigars and had Art make this hat. Well, yesterday I was at Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke Event in Las Vegas and I was wearing this hat. I went up to the Arturo Fuente Cigar Booth and Carlos Fuente was there. He looked up, saw the hat and said; "what a beautiful hat" I laughed and told him; "do you recognize it? I had it copied off of that ad behind you".lol
That is a cool story!!!!!:eusa_clap

tortswon

Practically Family
My first object d'Art

I finally got an opportunity to photograph my first Art creation. It is sage green with a dark green ribbon. I played hooky today and wore it to New York. The hat fits perfectly and garnered several flattering comments as I walked down the street. The next one is already ordered. Thanks Art! Best, Sam

187_8767.jpg

187_8768.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Simply gorgeous!!:eusa_clap Beautiful color and love that ribbon work!:eusa_clap Is it a Diamond without side dents or a c crown? Is sage the same as Dark Moss? enquiring minds want to know!

A lawyer playing hooky, who woulda figured...:rolleyes: lol

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, Sam. I like that color. The dark moss is on my list after a midnight blue. Have you ever had a hat fit so well?

tortswon

Practically Family
Further info

Thanks for the kind words. I love wearing this hat. Bob, you own an Art hat and know the answer to your question. The fit is perfect.

The ribbon is pure Art creation. I just said, "Make it snazzy."

Indy, sage is my word, I think Art calls it dark moss. It is dark green. The crown is actually a five pointed diamond. It is really beautifully done. Best, Sam

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Great hat, Sam!!!!

I can only applaude your decision to choose Art - I guess you have left up details with him- this is the best way to obtain the nice results.
I frankly believe if one lets an artist play what he likes the most without imposing too much that is highly rewarded!
The color match again is great and the shape of the hat also. I love these lower crown models too.

Tom

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
tortswon said:
Thanks for the kind words. I love wearing this hat. Bob, you own an Art hat and know the answer to your question. The fit is perfect.

The ribbon is pure Art creation. I just said, "Make it snazzy."

Indy, sage is my word, I think Art calls it dark moss. It is dark green. The crown is actually a five pointed diamond. It is really beautifully done. Best, Sam

Raise your hand if you want to see a picture of that bash
handsmw7.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen