Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey everyone I just wanted to show off my first experience with Art. I had an Adventurebilt Henry that was just sitting in my closet not getting any head time and I liked my vintage OR so much I thought "hey, the felt on this thing is so nice why not send it to Art and see if he will make an OR clone for me". Here's what happened:

Original hat:
2012-12-25164734_zps37f6deb2.jpg

2012-12-25164625_zps979ea811.jpg

And then today this arrived:

2013-01-18221628_zpsf24b9851.jpg

2013-01-18221542_zps9c2cba44.jpg

2013-01-18221335_zpsda4548ff.jpg

WOW!! Great work. I can't wait to have a custom made hopefully in the next year. Thanks again Art I love this hat. This thing is going to get some serious noggin time tomorrow for sure. I am going to make every excuse I can to get out of the house.

Last edited:

carranty

One of the Regulars
Rogera, what a difference! The turned up brim at the rear looks far more pronounced now, which I think suits the style perfectly. It looks very good on you.

I'm in the early stages of having Art make me my first custom hat (currently awaiting the conformer), I've yet to see a single one of his creations/alterations look anything but fantastic.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Great looking BC chipster. Congrats and good for you another is coming.

Rogera, Art's conversion completely transforms your hat, love the new flange and thin ribbon treament.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Rogera, Art has done a great job on your conversion.

I've never owned a Henry, but I understand that the felt blend that was used is particularly soft - I bet it is a very nice OR style hat to wear.

Rogera

Rogera, Art has done a great job on your conversion.

I've never owned a Henry, but I understand that the felt blend that was used is particularly soft - I bet it is a very nice OR style hat to wear.
The felt is very nice. I loved the hat but after I got my awesome Penman LC I had one too many Indy hats and it wasn't getting any head time. Instead of wasting the great felt I wanted the master to turn it into something I would wear. It got plenty of head time today!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Rogera,
as your words state ,
Turn it into something i would wear !
Art can do for sure ! I sent him some hats that i would not wear , Not until he fixed em up for me , All good now !
& thats a good one he fixed up for you ! it truly looks Fantastic....

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That new rendition is really sharp, and works great in that color as well as on your head, Rogera.

ibchipster... Ok, that black cherry lite made me do a double take. It glows.

Rogera

That new rendition is really sharp, and works great in that color as well as on your head, Rogera.

ibchipster... Ok, that black cherry lite made me do a double take. It glows.
Thanks Jeff. I didn't want to take it off. My wife drew the line when I tried to wear it to bed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred