Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

cavvyinky

New in Town
Some great looking hats being posted! I just received my first VS today, the wonderful Dusty Lane in siverbelly. O my goodness what an incredible hat! Thank you so much Art! I'm already saving for the next one and those Milans look awfully good. I'm a very new poster after lurking for over a year. I don't think I can post photos yet, but as soon as I can pics will be coming. Thanks again and love the lounge! Chuck

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge Chuck! You've found a great fellowship here of hat wearers who will be a tremendous help to you as you begin your trek in this hat addiction we all suffer from! Art does some great work, he's a true gentleman and great to work with too! I see you're from western Ky. I'm here in central southern Ky. Good to have you on the Lounge!!

cavvyinky

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Preacherman I'm down around ky/barkley lakes and I love to fish!
I'm working on posting pics of this beauty while watching the snow and sleet come down

pfisto22

New in Town
Good evening,
Ok so I finally got my hat from Art. First let me say that the quailty and workmanship are wonderful. I love the feel of the hat and the color is perfect. I had to tweek the size just a tad as it sat a little to high but that is a easy fix. As I had said to Art the only concern I have is the feeling of having what feels is a very high hat on my head. I am used to wearing cowboy type hats that don't feel well like a wedding cake on my head. Having said that after seeing the picture of the hat on my head it does not look like its to high but it does feel that way. I guess thats a Fedora. So here is my quick review I have had the hat now for about 3 weeks now and as I have just stated nothing has changed that much I have gotten more comfortable wearing the hat but it still feels so high on my head. More to follow IMAG0146.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
pfisto--It doesn't look too high to me, at least in that photo. Some of Art's hats initially felt higher on my head, too, but they don't look too high. After wearing them for awhile and comparing to the best fitting production vintage hats I have, I've come to think that hats that don't fit so perfectly actually sit too low on my head. So my take on it is that Art knows what he is doing, but if you need some adjustment a little feedback on the fit will go a long way with him.

Landman

One Too Many
pfisto, congratulations on the new hat. It looks great!

I agree with g.durand, it doesn't look like it is sitting too high. Maybe it just feels that way because the front brim is up. I get that feeling sometimes when I'm wearing a hat with the front brim up. I usually wear all my hats, including my westerns, with the front brim down. I'm used to seeing the brim just above my eyes and when I can't it does feel strange to me.

MikeU

Familiar Face
Hello pfisto that looks good it's not high at all what color is your fedora an maybe show the ribbon in some new pic" the hat should be about half inch above your brow an half inch above your ears try this an see how it looks good luck!

emigran

Practically Family
It looks right to me... Look at some vintage photos of fedoras from the 30's 40's 50's and you'll see just how right it really is... Have fun ya gotta cool lid...

cavvyinky

New in Town
Looks like it works from phone anyway. I may not look it in this one but I was really happy! It was like 6 dg in ky that morning!
y5agaze5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou