Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Brando11

A-List Customer
Thanks so much for all the comments, guys! I take inspiration from all of you. This color combination has been on my mind for months based on several different hats that you guys have posted. I'm just thrilled that it turned out so well.

My best to you all-
-Brando

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I was wondering if you would get it today Brando. I'm so glad you like it. As you know, I don't do off colored bindings but damn, this one worked!!! Love the combo & I hope to use it again. Thank you for the kind comments Guys. This is one of those hats that are unusual enough to really peak my interest so it was more fun to do. Brando comes up with color combos that are unique ie: charcoal and copper..who wudda thunk it?
Till next time Sir

coble

A-List Customer
LOVE ITS, that is stunning my friend, excellent color. Art this is beautiful. Brando i know your feeling proud, LOVE IT.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Black Cherry versus VS Oxblood

The lighting is favorable today, so here's another attempt at capturing these felt colors, once more using the jacket of my green Harris Tweed suit as a background. For color reference, the jacket's lining is copper satin and the collar lining is purple felt.
Shot in natural light, indoors in a well-lit room.
I have to admit that my previous attemps at photographing the Black Cherry felt have failed miserably; the Oxblood felt photographs way better. BC is a couple of shades darker than Oxblood, but it doesn't photograph that way. Plus, in full sunlight, it does look somehow lighter than Oxblood.
Of the two, BC is certainly the more daring color. While I actually consider the VS Oxblood to be a classic and more subtle color, the BC is much more unusual.

Black Cherry:

P1060002.jpg

Oxblood:

P1060015.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Found him! It took awhile, but I couldn't wait so I went home at lunch. Found the mailman 3 blocks away-

What a hat! This fella Art Fawcett is one remarkable guy. The colors, the felt quality, ribbon, binding, brim width, crown height, the FIT...all PERFECT. I couldn't be more pleased.

Best-Brando

Brando; You and your new hat are looking really sharp in the pic. Your blue college striped shirt reminds me of how many combinations that the hat would look good with. The midnight blue and contrasting ribbon are just grand. You mentioned in an earlier post on the forum that you are a man of large stature. I bet that you and your hat will command quite a bit of attention as you are about in your favorite haunts. Your pic reminds me I "need" a blue fedora.

You wear your hats with style sir. Thanks for sharing your work of Art. Eric -

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Most the time I wear my sahara vs, this time my son is proud to wear my hat.
In the meantime I wait to receive a blue smoke vs, and after that a milan.
I keep an eye on the mailman.
Paul
_MG_9560_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]
_MG_9552_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails