Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the hat, and the dove gray. One of my plans is to custom-order a dove gray Worth & Worth hat, in beaver, in their Treviso style which I tried on in the shop. I have seen very few dove gray hats on TFL, and it's an underutilized color, I think.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Silverbelly against flannel

P1060193.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Out for delivery!... and then for the first time ever, he decides not to leave the hat with the concierge as he has always done it and took it to the post office leaving me a pink note telling me to go and pick it up on Monday. Annoyed. :mad:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Out for delivery!... and then for the first time ever, he decides not to leave the hat with the concierge as he has always done it and took it to the post office leaving me a pink note telling me to go and pick it up on Monday. Annoyed. :mad:

You're still comparatively lucky Easter Monday is not a Federal holiday in your country. :)

Link

One of the Regulars
Quick peek at my new VS. I requested open crown this time; I'll take more pictures when I decide how to crease it.

photo-48.jpg

Link

One of the Regulars
Thanks RBH. I'm hoping to make it out there, but I won't know for sure until a little closer to the date.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic pictures Rabbit. Love the hats as well. I can't find it if it was posted before but; what is the brim size on those beauties?
Johnny

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic pictures Rabbit. Love the hats as well. I can't find it if it was posted before but; what is the brim size on those beauties?
Johnny

Measured from the top side of the brim:

Black Cherry w/ 19 L tonal ribbon: 2 5/16"
Blue Smoke w/ 17 L black ribbon: 2 3/8"
Dove w/ 19 L black ribbon: 2 3/8"

I had included the dimensions with the respective first post of the new VS's. Not so easy to find, I know. My first VS post is here, more of them close behind.

Art had suggested 5.5" x 2 3/8" for my build (5' 8", 136 lbs, 37"/28" frame), and I've stayed with these dimensions for most of my VS's. For the dark colors, I prefer ever so slightly shorter brims. Even for the light colors, a slightly reduced width works very well for me.

The brim flange does influence the perceived brim width. I specified a very moderate brim flange (still with a snap) for most of my VS's. I just love the sharp look of that particular flange. Most of my vintage dress hats are 5.5" x 2 1/2" with a higher flange, which works quite well for me, too; it's just different.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails