Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Art, thanks so much. This hat is great!. I took the liberty to adapt your ribbon down from the 2 inches to a 1 1/2. It suits me better as I like more crown in my straws. Color of the brim is granite/gray at 2 1/2 inches with a contrasting gray ribbon.

I forgot to take a before shot :eusa_doh: Art sent me this when he was almost done making it. I used his same ribbon.

IMG_0419.jpg

E-2.jpg

F-3.jpg

A more casual shot:

IMG_3165.jpg

Fantastic Ale & Art!!

One more felt to go and then it will be time for a custom straw!

Bravo!!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations to both Ale and Art on this fine piece of living (hat-) history! The color combination works very well, too.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys and Art, again.
A couple of shots that show the color much better and after putting a little more flange to the brim than the originally replicated hat :D.

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Been hustling the last couple of weeks and catching up....
Wow, nice hats folks!

Ale and Insolent Puppy CONGRATS! The dualist - that is a cool hat.

IMG_3175.jpg

The contrast between the hat materials, the flange...everything is very synergistic. I do like it very much.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Quick peek at my new VS. I requested open crown this time; I'll take more pictures when I decide how to crease it.

photo-48.jpg

Pics?

That appears to be one of the special light weights. It looks like it has sweet hat characterstics (light weight, vent holes, contrasting thin ribbon work). Looks to be sharp.

Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rabbit; That is a grand hat. Really grand! You have to post up some pics of you wearing the VS hats in your collection (in the What Are You Wearing Thread).

P1060124.jpg

You are quite the hat fellow. Your choice in fedoras is FINE. Additionally, it is fun to see the pics you post up. I have saved photos of your hats in a desktop file on my computer. I visit the pics when I am musing about commisioning a new hat from Art Fawcett. The time you take in composition and details in the process I appreciate greatly. The pics are great advertsements for VS Hats.

Congrats on the fine addition to your closet and for sharing the outcome.

Best, Eric -

Link

One of the Regulars
Here are some pictures of my newest VS: lightweight silverbelly. I have to give some credit to SBG and his dove VS with the contrasting thin ribbon which inspired this hat. I asked Art for the same ribbon treatment, but in a color similar to the ribbon on my dove, and I think the ribbon color and felt color work very well together. I experimented with several different creases and decided I wanted this hat to have a very casual look, so it ended up with a rough teardrop. I really like the way this one turned out.

photo-52.jpg

photo-51.jpg

photo-49.jpg

photo-50.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here are some pictures of my newest VS: lightweight silverbelly. I have to give some credit to SBG and his dove VS with the contrasting thin ribbon which inspired this hat. I asked Art for the same ribbon treatment, but in a color similar to the ribbon on my dove, and I think the ribbon color and felt color work very well together. I experimented with several different creases and decided I wanted this hat to have a very casual look, so it ended up with a rough teardrop. I really like the way this one turned out.

photo-49.jpg

Link; Knock me over with a hat! WOW! WOW! That is really SHARP!

You WILL be the sharpest hatted fellow in Oklahoma during the warm felt weather. Bison or Scissor Tailed Flycatcher watching in Oklahoma will be ever so stylish in your new fedora.

Congrats! Eric -

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Werry nice, Link.

Eric, I'll see what I can do about those WHAYWT-pics with VS's. ;)
Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.

Link

One of the Regulars
Thank you Rabbit.

Thanks Tom. I normally prefer wider ribbons, but I like how this ribbon treatment looks, and I think the contrasting color is what really does it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails