Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Eric, yeah man!!! Gorgeous.
The snow was extremely blinding in the sunlight yesterday-- I took some photos of my navy blue dobbs velour outdoors and it appeared like a slick black. Congratulations on another fine piece of Artwork.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Black Cherry Bliss!!!
image.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
Thanks guys. It really is a stunningly beautiful lid in person! I will get some more pics up later. The trouble is, it far out-classes my wardrobe!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Jbucklin: That's a lot different than my dress weight black cherry. Its really a different color. I like it, but I have to admit I like the original black cherry a lot too. I get a lot of compliments on it.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
JB; Wickedly good hat! The black cherry color is stunning. The color is rich and saturated with color. When I see your hat it looks very classy. I will watch with interest as you post up more pics wearing it. Classy hat sir!

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was a proud owner of the VS Wanderer in silverbelly this morning. My hats get worn. The VS hats are styling, yet hardy and comfortable. When I play hard the hats accompany me. This morning was no different. The below pic is an example.

IMG_3861-M.jpg

No time yet for better pics. They will come.:cool:

Eric -

tkoy

New in Town
After seeing all the nice black cherry and oxblood hats on this thread I'm thinking of ordering a fedora from Art. But I can't decide which colour, they are both amazing. Is black cherry darker than oxblood?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
After seeing all the nice black cherry and oxblood hats on this thread I'm thinking of ordering a fedora from Art. But I can't decide which colour, they are both amazing. Is black cherry darker than oxblood?

Welcome to the Lounge, tkoy.

The dressweight Black Cherry and the dressweight Oxblood are of similar light value, although the BC is definitely more vibrant which makes it appear lighter in high contrast lighting conditions (i.e., in full sunlight). The BC lightweight felt, on the other hand, appears to be a considerably darker dye than the dress weight, for some reason, making it much darker than the dressweight Oxblood, too.

Here are the dress weights BC and Oxblood in natural light. The color rendition is fairly accurate.

Black Cherry:

BC.jpg

Oxblood:

Oxblood-w-24brownish-2.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I was a proud owner of the VS Wanderer in silverbelly this morning. My hats get worn. The VS hats are styling, yet hardy and comfortable. When I play hard the hats accompany me. This morning was no different. The below pic is an example.

No time yet for better pics. They will come.:cool:

Eric -

Cool photo, Eric. Oh, and belated congratulations to the wonderful new Silverbelly.

Jbucklin, I'm looking forward to more pics in natural light. Nudge, nudge. Hint, hint. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy