Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

jbucklin

Practically Family
Randall, it's upside down on my iPhone. Has anyone else had a problem with the newer mobile versions of Photobucket for iPhone/iPad? Driving me crazy!

Last edited:

tkoy

New in Town
Thanks Rabbit. Both very nice hats you have. Looks like the oxblood has a very subtle purple whereas the black cherry's purple pops out more. I do like both colours though :)

Interesting the lightweight black cherry is darker than the dressweight. I would have thought they are the same as they are called the same colour.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
For interested parties, from L-R: black, new black cherry, old black cherry, on top of my Optimo in Oxblood, direct sunlight.
20121210_143056.jpg

Out of the direct sun, same arrangement:
20121210_143027.jpg

tkoy

New in Town
For interested parties, from L-R: black, new black cherry, old black cherry, on top of my Optimo in Oxblood, direct sunlight.
20121210_143056.jpg

Out of the direct sun, same arrangement:
20121210_143027.jpg

Thanks jlee for the comparison. The new black cherry is much more darker than the old when out of direct sunlight. Do you know if Art is only using the new black cherry at the moment or have both old and new?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Rabbit. Both very nice hats you have. Looks like the oxblood has a very subtle purple whereas the black cherry's purple pops out more. I do like both colours though :)
You're spot on tkoy about the ever so slight purple undertone of Oxblood. And yes, the BC does pop. I consider the Oxblood to be still within the range of traditional felt colors while the BC dressweight makes a rather flamboyant hat.

Interesting the lightweight black cherry is darker than the dressweight. I would have thought they are the same as they are called the same colour.

Usually dressweight and lightweight of the same felt color name are indeed the same dye, but the BC is an exception for reasons yet unknown. The lightweight just turned out darker.

Jared, thanks for posting these! Very tempting, the lightweight BC, and apparently much less conspicuous than the dressweight BC.

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WoW a lot good Feedback JB !
yup i need a hat pic fix... when you can...& the pic did show upsidedown on my I phone but good here...
& dont worry about the wardrobe JB your good my friend....I get the feeling sometimes my VS hats look so pretty & clean & i get scared & put em back in the box....
But i feel so good when i wear em so enjoy !

Good job Rabbit & Jared !

fancy snowshoes Eric

OT1899

Familiar Face
Thanks for sharing those black cherry comparisons. I'm in line for one of the new lightweight black cherry hats and it is great to get a preview! Thanks!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Looks like the app is not writing the orientation
Tag in the pictures meta data. If you have an app like adobe photoshop express. Try an save the photo with that an upload. See if the photobucket app will take adobe's
Meta data tag.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I fought for an hour to get my Photobucket images to align correctly. Jbucklin's black cherry hat pic still displays upside down on my iPad. Strange things afoot!

A

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
FYI you can go back and use the original Photobucket instead of the new version. I had nothing but problems with the new version and everything went kosher again when I selected the option to revert back to the original version.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I put my Bobby Blue on today. Hadn't seen it in a few days, and am already salivating for the next. Take a deep breath. Leave the credit card in the wallet, phone on the hook... *sigh*

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I put my Bobby Blue on today. Hadn't seen it in a few days, and am already salivating for the next. Take a deep breath. Leave the credit card in the wallet, phone on the hook... *sigh*

Jeff, your Bobby Blue is truly a stunner. I saved the image in my VS folder on my computer desktop. Having a styling hat that truly fits is a treasured life blessing. You deserve at least one more!:):eusa_doh: I find myself wearing my vintage hats in the morning and then donning a VS for my afternoon, more public escapades.

Go Bobby Blue! Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy