Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DJH

I'll Lock Up
To be honest any hat can be dressed down, it's all about attitude. Check out some of Jared's (jlee) casual shots wearing his Homburg. Probably would have been unheard of back in the day, but in the 21st Century it looks great!

ibchipster

New in Town
I think Mulceber has it right about Dove going with nearly anything, or you may think Natural or one of the colors in that family. That said, I have to agree with the others, I think almost any hat can go casual.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ah, talking about Dove...

My latest creation from Art - VS Executive style, totally inspired by Eric (Short Balding Guy) who wears these hats so well.

Dove with Charcoal ribbon, lots of VS goodness!

D31_8242-L.jpg

D31_8246-L.jpg

D31_8245-L.jpg

D31_8249-L.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
For one of my upcoming hats from Art, I am trying to decide about a color that will go well with a dark seal brown A2 jacket, as well as being less dressy than my medium gray and black hats, but not completely casual. Still want to be able to feel dressy wearing it with a sport jacket and tie. I am having trouble seeing myself in browns for a hat, as nearly everything (but not all) I wear is black, navy or grey. I will have to choose something later for a dog-walking, its raining hat too.
Suggestions?

Bobby

Black Cherry. I'm partial to the original black cherry but the light version looks very versatile too. My "Standahl" which is a cattleman crease but with a brim turned down front and back (no snap) is the most versatile hat I own. It's great with jeans and a leather jacket, and it looks great with a suit or an overcoat and no one yells "Indy" when I wear it. It's a 1920s style, but its really versatile. Black Cherry goes with brown, black, blue or grey. Everything but green I think.

I'm thinking of getting another Standahl in dark moss or black.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ah, talking about Dove...

My latest creation from Art - VS Executive style, totally inspired by Eric (Short Balding Guy) who wears these hats so well.

Dove with Charcoal ribbon, lots of VS goodness!

D31_8246-L.jpg

David; I am very honored that you have appreciated and enjoyed the VS Exec's that Art Fawcett has made for me. It is a toss up between the Strat inspired hats and the Exec's to which ones get worn the most often. I get lots of "atta boy" style comments about the Exec's and hope you get the same. The hat has an aura of eye candy that appeals to me when I open a hat box to select the hat to wear. I am as pleased to wear them as the day when I first opened the Art Fawcett designed fedora.

I see that you got the hat with more angle to the flanger of the brim. I will have to pay close attention to the pics you post when wearing it. The side profile is very cool. I selected the flatter profile more like the Adams hats I was inspired by. I see the flange as a "David" flange in my minds eye. I am refecting this evening to the flange that you and other forum posters select. If variety is an appealing life spice I will need to consider mimicing the flange you have showcased with this model of VS.

Man that dove and charcoal are the "bomb." I really am liking the color. If I could justify another Exec. that would be the exact color combo I would seek. It is classy and versatile. Love it. Truly a "DJH" fedora.

Congrats David and Art. Superb hat fellows.

Biased, humbled and loving your hat, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys - I'm really enjoying the VS Exec.

Eric - I've always enjoyed seeing yours, both the Adam and VS versions. For the styling of mine, it is 100% down to Art. My request was simply for a VS Executive in those colours. Very happy with how it has turned out. The idea for the colour combo came from one of Nik's (Rabbit) many shots of the VS colour combos he has.

Che - Art told me that the Dove is not currently in the lightweight felt, but should be in a future batch in a few months time.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
DAVID !
Beautiful !!!!!!
Awesome Pics !!!!
Enjoy !
che
ART do you have this Dove in your Art-Lite felt ?

Not yet Che but hopefully in the next few months

Sorry David, I didn't see your post before posting this. Tom, yes, the next Dove batch will include some Legacy

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto, OG, Brando - thanks, guys. Like I mentioned, I was inspired by Eric for the Executive style and Nik for the colour combo.
Art pulled it all together with his usual flair - thanks Art!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo