Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

mrwilmoth

Familiar Face
Very Nice!

Not your typical VS fedora work but I wanted a durable old west Boss of the Plains out of the nutria blend bodies that Art has.
I went with the early dimensions, crown 4" & brim 3 3/4" with a pencil curl.
Here are some shots of Art's typical masterful craftsmanship...
IMG_20121104_195040_765.jpg

IMG_20121104_195051_172.jpg

IMG_20121104_195021_213.jpg

With horsehair hatband...
IMG_20121104_194937_455.jpg

IMG_20121104_194956_612.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There was a pink slip from the post office on my door this afternoon. I'm pretty sure the package I missed is one from Oregon. It should be a whippetesque dove with an overwelt 2 1/2 inch brim instead of a wide brim binding. Art was going to design the ribbon. I'll see tomorrow. Will post pictures.

Last edited:

BobC

The eagle has landed. I asked Art for a dove, and this is what he sent. The brim is a 2 1/2 inch overwelt, the crown is 5 1/2 inches open, and the ribbon is charcoal with a touch of burgundy in the knot (Art's choice). Now I'm working on deciding on a crease for it....teardrop or diamond?
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060_2.jpg

IMG_0061_2.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Center crease, deep front pinch. My $.02. Beautiful hat!

Agree - then again, that describes most of my hats :)

Bob - two fantastic hats in the last few days, congratulations! My most recent VS is also Dove with charcoal ribbon and red liner, a very nice combo.
Enjoy!

ibchipster

New in Town
Nice hat Bob. I really like Art's new ribbon knot detail. I'm sure whichever crease you choose you will enjoy it for many years to come. But I would go with diamond. :)

Rogera

The eagle has landed. I asked Art for a dove, and this is what he sent. The brim is a 2 1/2 inch overwelt, the crown is 5 1/2 inches open, and the ribbon is charcoal with a touch of burgundy in the knot (Art's choice). Now I'm working on deciding on a crease for it....teardrop or diamond?

Diamond!! (IMHO):D

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I have finally been able to see and feel Art's lightweight felt fedoras when I got to see Che's brown hat last friday. I have to say that it is just as nice as a vintage lightweight hat. In fact, it was like if I had a 1940s vintage Stetson in my hand. Art I am very impressed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo