Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

ibchipster

New in Town
My First VS Straw

When Art was down here in SoCal besides having a great time at the trunk showand seeing some amazing hats, I picked out a Semi-Colado hat body. It came yesterday and looks amazing. I was up in Oregon last week and got to see Art's shop and the finished product before it was went out. I didn't think I would be able to wear it for awhile but the weather turned plenty warm to wear it today. Here are some pictures.

20130312_183011_zps66335da7.jpg
20130312_182958_zpsc615efbc.jpg
20130312_183019_zpsdbe03e57.jpg
20130312_183032_zpsfb7ec1d2.jpg
20130312_183043_zpseded3cc1.jpg
20130312_182929_zps25dea6d9.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
5.5" x 2 5/16" Silverbelly LITE w/ 19 L black ribbon

Raw brim, twisted bow knot and frayed bow ends, and removable red liner with tip liner underneath.

P1100087_zps24f7c291.jpg

P1100083_zpsd63fb55c.jpg

P1100067_zps259aac53.jpg

P1100031_zps7d7b400e.jpg

P1100021_zps7ff279bf.jpg

Last edited:

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Sweet. All your hats are distinctive in style, after watching the forum from the sidelines it is almost impossible to miss that this Rabbit's hat.

ibchipster... Such an amazing lid! Some day... Wear it in the best of health. P.S. Where are the lambchops?!

Good to see the Rabbit pop out of a hat (your wonderful posts have been distinctly absent, Nik). Sweet, SWEET Silverbelly.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Gents.

And thank you Art for the great work. The ribbon material is wonderful!

Lately I've been doing just reading rather than posting on the Lounge. I've been searching for information on and images of vintage suits and overcoats, mainly. I might still get the chance to post some hatted selfies in some new old overcoats; a bit of winter weather just came back.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Che.

VS Dark Moss LITE w/ 22 L moss green ribbon, and a brim binding in a different shade

This one has become one of my favorites. Today worn with a gray Harris tweed, blue oxford, and silk knit block stripe.

Darkmoss_HarrisTweedsilkknitblockstripe_post_zps8946fdf9.jpg

The Winchester dark moss felt is surprisingly versatile and works with almost every classic color of suitings - many different shades of gray, tans, even dark blues and dark browns. Just don't wear it with a green tweed or a green gabardine...

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Che.

VS Dark Moss LITE w/ 22 L moss green ribbon, and a brim binding in a different shade

This one has become one of my favorites. Today worn with a gray Harris tweed, blue oxford, and silk knit block stripe.

The Winchester dark moss felt is surprisingly versatile and works with almost every classic color of suitings - many different shades of gray, tans, even dark blues and dark browns. Just don't wear it with a green tweed or a green gabardine...

Nik; Welcome back from your investigative hiatus. DYNAMITE new hat. The dimensions and treatment are superb. I do imagine it working easily into your hat wearing week. The right dimensions and panache. Congrats sir.

Moss Green - I agree. My hand selects moss green colored felt when ever I have a question about coordinating. The saturated color is a dandy selection. Certainly dove is incredibly versatile, but when a color is needed the moss green is a standout! Your lite weight beaver felt hat is enviable. I have the regular felt and can see that a future order of a lite weight moss green is coming.

Additionally, I challenge others sensibilities when selecting a felt color, to consider a sage beaver felt from Mr.Fawcett. I saw Jautyone's and ordered one. Man when I wish just a bit of color in my hat for an occasion it is the CATS MEOW. It has a very rich look to it that pics can not work out the best. The felt has a similar rich depth as my granite. It has a 20 foot, 15 foot and a close-up appearance that are all different. Hat collections may be enriched by this color.

Jumping on the positive comments with an accompaning pic;

IMG_4502-M.jpg

IMG_4493-M.jpg

Ahhh, a lite weight! A pleasant dream this afternoon of a cooling lite moss green lid for spring.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
ibchipster; I am tuning today and need to comment that your new straw is COOL! I like the classy lines.

Gambit; I missed your post - boy am I glad that I have an opportunity to see it. Very special fedora sir. Congrats.

Fawcet fan, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo