Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

hatband

One of the Regulars
Great hat, that silverbelly felt and that ribbon are complementing each other very well. Did you crease it? Or did it come pre creased. Very unusual ribbon I like these individual touches that make these hats so unique.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Catching up here, been on vacation. Can always count on seeing a fine lid here.

smoothsailor: Congrats on your Art Lite, have a soft spot for the stingy brim. As job said, a noggin shot would be appropriate.

Nik: Always inspired by your suit posts, tip of the hat.

g.durand: Congrats on a fine pair of classic VS, your lurking payed off.

Eric: Another tasty Wanderer for your collection. Always enjoy your posts, inspiring Pendeltons, and poochies too.

jbucklin: A VS is fitting for any stage.

Che: Nothing like the coast for some R&R, you just do it with more style than most bro.

falis: Congrats on your Honeyboy, Paris is as good an excuse for a new VS as I've heard.

Ed: That's one head turning Dualist. Won't be sneaking down any streets unnoticed in that. Bold and daring.

My new Art Lite, came today. This time inspired by the pre 1940's western thread. And especially by Alanfgag.

Congratulations... Very nice recreation of the Recherche bow... did you and Art consider tackling the silk lined underbrim?

10.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Rabbit--your recent endorsement of the raw-edge brim with light colors/dark ribbons has me plotting my next VS request.

mikespens--thank you, but the credit goes to Art. They are getting a lot of head time to say the least, and the compliments keep on coming.

smoothsailor--beautiful. Let's see you wearing it while riding your bike!

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Congratulations... Very nice recreation of the Recherche bow... did you and Art consider tackling the silk lined underbrim?
That was the picture I send to Art.
Art came up with the brim ribbon. For now, my arms are to short and the crown is to high, to make a picture of my self, only 50mm. lens.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rabbit; I am catching up on this thread - great shots of the VS hats in action. You look sharp and the hats are classy. You give me something to aspire to.

Smooth; Wow - great lid and ribbon work.

Works of Art in the wild;

Wanderer in dove -
IMG_5066-M.jpg

Westin in silvermist -
IMG_5072-M.jpg

Wild weather on the beach in MN lately. The above are same location yesterday and today.

everybody needs a VS. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

jrbobbyh

New in Town
Trying to get started with sharing my VS prizes. Here are a few quick pics of two of them. Will get around to noggin shots if these on "Uncle Noogie's" skull work.

i uploaded my photos to photobucket, but none of the links offered would be accepted by the pop-up in the Lounge site. Can someone help me with this? Although the instructions in the FAQ seem straight-forward, I couldn't get it to work, so I must be as bone-headed as Uncle Noogie (you will understand when the photos come through...)

The Dove is 5 1/2" with 2 5/8 tone-on-tone bound brim, charcoal ribbon. Wonderfully versatile color.

IMG_1034_zpsa05bf27a.jpg

IMG_1036_zps091e73f0.jpg

IMG_1037_zps0e8b02e6.jpg

The Charcoal has a 2 3/8 brim with tone-on-tone binding and ribbon. This color is very difficult to photograph. None of the photos I have seen on this site, nor mine, do it justice. It is incredibly rich, dark. In incandescent light, it has a slight blue hint, whereas in sunlight, the faint brownish hints come out. It also seems to go with everything that I wear(black, navy, brown, white, pastels). I don't wear camel or khaki jackets, so can't say about those.

IMG_1039_zpsd209333e.jpg

IMG_1038_zpscd185219.jpg

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
jrbobbyh--Here's how to upload from a URL--in the "Image" pop-up, click the "from URL" tab, paste in your Photobucket link, then un-click the
"Retrieve from remote file and reference locally" option.

Man, those are beautiful hats! Very similar dimensions to the first hats Art made for me.

jrbobbyh

New in Town
I am not a pro photographier, so not sure how to adjust the saturation and color. One indication of how the Charcoal's darkness doesn't come out in the photos is to look at the ribbons on these two hats. Different ribbons, but both charcoal and equally dark.
Perhaps this will come out better in noggin shots if I wear a white shirt and let the camera adjust to the overall scene.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Beautiful hats, and great color choices, Bobby. Many of the Loungers say you can't go wrong with Dove. That wide ribbon, the proportions, and the charcoal felt really work well, too. Congrats.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner