Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

jrbobbyh

New in Town
Thank you so much, Art, for such wonderful hats. And thanks for the feedback, guys. I am not ever around fedora wearers, and have actually been unsure of how I look in them. Your feedback helps propel me on to the next ones I am considering.
Today, I have been wearing the one that I grab most often, the Chocolate ArtLite. Couldn't get it to photograph the way I wanted, but when I do I will post pictures of that one.

jrbobbyh

New in Town
Just have to show another of Art's creations, an ArtLite in Chocolate. 5 1/2 with 2 5/8 brim with narrow binding. Tone-on-tone ribbon and binding. Removable liner.
Love this hat, so comfortable, and can be worn with jeans or a suit. Feels right to shove it back on my head at the end of a long day.

IMG_1063_zpsf5547bfa.jpg

IMG_1068_zps354a112a.jpg

IMG_1062_zpsc8036a65.jpg

IMG_1060_zps30706b47.jpg

IMG_1061_zps1c727c2e.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I've often asked Art if he just happened to have a nice Semi Colado hat body kicking around, I've wanted one for when the weather gets warm. The answer has always been "no!" - until this time.

Art told me he had this body and it would work for what I wanted. To be honest I wasn't totally convinced, but then Mr. Fawcett knows this stuff way more than I ever will.

Here's the photo Art sent me of the unfinished body - looked to be all brim and no crown to me...

semi-L.jpg

And here's the incredibly nice Panama that arrived at my door...

D31_8274-L.jpg

D31_8276-L.jpg

D31_8278-L.jpg

The ribbon comes straight from "The Boulevard" model in Art's new Modern Times lineup.
To say I'm happy with the result would be a huge understatement - I call it Panama Perfection!

Thanks, Art!

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, Sir.
The credit for doing shots from all four angles goes to FL member Benny Holiday who posted portraits much earlier in this thread - several years ago - wearing his VS Silvermist. They were the first pictures I saw that showed one and the same hat from all angles on the head.

See, I am good for something! Thanks for the credit Rabbit! You take it to a new level though - everywhere you go you must set an example of what a well-dressed and coordinated gentleman looks like. Keep the great and inspiring photos coming!

I haven't looked in the hats section here for a while, because every time I do I just want to go out and order another hat and money is not forthcoming of late (new baby on the way - a boy!!!! - which is way more important). Anyway, no need to single out any individuals here because EVERY bloke in this thread makes me proud to be a fellow fedora wearer and Art Fawcett customer. You all look great and your lids are, naturally being Art's creations, the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner